Question: I see 10,000 FREE listings for three sites Com, CA and French CA - Can I list on Com?

Question: I see 10,000 FREE listings for three sites Com, CA and French CA - Can I list thoseon Com?  In the fine print it states that the FREE listings are only good in which country I reside, which is Canada.  So does that mean when my thousands of listings end on com I will be charged, as I will be over my store limit of 350 USA.  I thought when I saw com at the bottom of my 10,000 offer that I could use that toward that amount.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Question: I see 10,000 FREE listings for three sites Com, CA and French CA - Can I list on Com?

Good question.

ebay.COM is giving those extra free listings to store sellers in Managed Payments.

ebay.CA is giving those extra free listings to all sellers with a store.

Not sure what rules would apply for Canadians who list on .COM

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I am a Canadian seller listing on .com, I have been using the extra listings so it works for me.  I signed up for managed payments however because a lot of my sales are US$ I am told to wait until they fix the issue.  Fortunately I have a US SIN # and a US bank so that may work in my favor.  

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Yes, it sounds like you qualify as you signed up for managed payments, however the big differential is what address did you give for your country of residence?  USA or Canada, as that seems to be the requirement for getting the com listings as well.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I was "invited" to managed payments but have not signed up. I have a 50k offer on .com and it is working correctly.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Just curious, do you also have an USA: Address, SIN and Bank account?

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Canadian address and bank account but I have not given them the bank info. I was supposed to register for mp but have not as I sell a fair bit in USD.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Thanks that info helps me.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Answered my own Question.  If it shows .com at the bottom of your 10,000 free listings then it will work on USA com.  I just ended 600 items and relisted them to see what would happen and it worked.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

This came to my eBay messages inbox today ....

guess eBay Canada is doing a push for basic store subscribers and I suspect the idea of the starter store that .COM has, is never going to come to .CA

I was willing to take a chance on a starter store, but I don't make enough sales on eBay anymore to warrant spending the $ on a basic store...

Thanks but no thanks eBay...I'll pass on this one...

NOTE: I have removed the active subscribe links,etc...

Discover the perks of an eBay store

You're on a roll!

And now you can list even more when you subscribe to an eBay store.

Move Savings. More Insights.
Your Own Store. 10,000 Free
Listings*Customizable
StorefrontPowerful
Insights       Get 10k extra free listings in select categories every month. Design a custom homepage to bring in
new and repeat buyers. Explore listings and order activities, detailed sales information, and marketing and promotional tools. Discounted
Selling FeesShipping
SuppliesBoost Traffic       Enjoy savings on your final value fees when you sell. Receive a quarterly credit of $35 for eBay- branded shipping supplies. Drive traffic to your store and listings with eBay's selling tools. $19.95/month eBay Basic Store for a yearly subscription (or $24.95/month for a monthly subscription)

*Limited-time promotion: Only current eBay store subscribers are eligible for this promotion. Qualifying categories include Sports Trading Cards, Collectible Card Games, Collectibles, Music, Books, DVDs & Movies, Stamps, Video Games, Crafts, Party Supplies. Offer ends December 31, 2020.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I've no store subscription, the same message arrived here today. Here's the pitch in full colour.

Screenshot_20200813-195704_Edge.jpg

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

New one just arrived for me. Not entirely sure how it applies or its usefulness.

Your monthly 200 free listings are here to stay200 listings.JPG

It doesn't appear in Sellers Hub. Link just brings you to your listings page. Paying for a store is almost redundant with all the free listings floating around? And to cancel a store there would be fees involved. Or would it be possible to drop from Mid Level Store to basic without those penalties. To my eye the only benefits seem to access to Categories and Holiday features.

Opinions, comments please.

-Lotz

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

If you have a yearly subscription you are charged a penalty when you go down a store level.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply