Question about selling collectible trading cards

I have some older collectible cards I'd like to try selling on ebay. I expect a lot of my business will come from either the US or the UK (maybe a bit in Canada, not sure). 

Most of them will probably be around 25-50 USD, with some going a little higher.  I think most of the time I'd like to send them with tracking when I ship them to the USD.

I also tend to prefer just a flat shipping fee to keep it simple (sometimes if I've over-charged because of that, Ill refund a portion of the shipping). 

- any suggestions for the best Canada Post shipping service to use? I don't have a nearby Chit Chat location btw.

- with the above in mind, suggestions for a reasonable flat rate to charge?
- if I have to put that it's a trading card on the customs form, how much risk of theft is there?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Question about selling collectible trading cards

In Canada, use Expedited Lite (or send it untracked lettermail if you're comfortable with doing so). The average cost right now is probably around $8.50ish after fuel surcharge. For others, you'll probably want to use Tracked Packet. I think the USA cost right now is about $10ish CAD (not positive on that). Not sure for the UK. Remember to add packaging material into your weight calculations.

There's a shipping calculator you can use (although it's a bit buggy so may not be completely accurate) at https://www.ebay.ca/shp/Calculator

Make sure you choose eBay Rates and not In-store rates.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

In Canada, use Expedited Lite (or send it untracked lettermail if you're comfortable with doing so). The average cost right now is probably around $8.50ish after fuel surcharge. For others, you'll probably want to use Tracked Packet. I think the USA cost right now is about $10ish CAD (not positive on that). Not sure for the UK. Remember to add packaging material into your weight calculations.

There's a shipping calculator you can use (although it's a bit buggy so may not be completely accurate) at https://www.ebay.ca/shp/Calculator

Make sure you choose eBay Rates and not In-store rates.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

The US is simple for flat rate, as cards are light and small packet under 100 grams would apply.  Right now it is under $10CDN.  

You can send with either small packet that is untracked on the CP and USPS sites, but if you enter the UR number in eBay, it gets and shows the USPS tracking scans.   Though the price difference is pretty small for very light packets that it is not likely worth the hassle.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You're in luck, price of tracked to the USA has dropped from now until December 31.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Tracked-Packet-USA-eBay-s-special-rate/m-p/499504

Message 5 of 5
latest reply