Question re eBay and filing my 2023 taxes

Must be getting old, can't figure this one out! I'm using the numbers from my Hub - performance and sales reports - but can't figure out if I also get to deduct the amounts that eBay charges me to my credit card for store fees and labels when not enough money available in eBay for items sold.

Can anyone advise please?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Paying those fees whether it is from your Managed Payments account, from your credit card, or with Canadian Tire money, is an expense and deductible.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Paying those fees whether it is from your Managed Payments account, from your credit card, or with Canadian Tire money, is an expense and deductible.

Hi, I probably didn't ask my question properly. I need to know if those credit card charges are already accounted for in ebay's shipping totals in the Performance and Sales page. It's just that my shipping seems too low according to eBay totals.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If you go to Seller Hub and look at "Selling Costs" in Sales there is a small drop down arrow you can click and it should show eBay Fees, Final Value Fees and Labels there broken down. Maybe the shipping cost seems low (if comparing it to last year) because of the lower shipping rates eBay labels have offered?!? 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Every credit card has a different rate. EBay does not know what rates your card charges you.

The monthly invoice will tell you what they are charging you for unpaid balances.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply