Re: Feedback - buyers don't seem to leave feedback as they are supposed to, after they buy from me.

This is a super frustrating problem for me because I am trying to increase my feedback score and no one (hardly) is doing it Smiley Frustrated.  - Is there a way to make them leave feedback for me, as they're supposed to, without me sounding, menacing, on my listings by telling them that they have to leave feedback as they are supposed to.  After four months of steady sales, my feedback has only gone up by three points. Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Feedback - buyers don't seem to leave feedback as they are supposed to, after they buy from me.

as they're supposed to

Who told you that? Feedback is VOLUNTARY!

Historically you have left 30 feedback to buyers and have received 16 in return, that's pretty much normal. That 30 number includes the false positives you left (a policy violation). I hope you filed UPI's on those?????

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

They're not "supposed to". It's just common courtesy which is doesn't exist these days.
Try not leaving feedback unless they leave it for you first
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I use the completely opposite tack.

I leave feedback as soon as the item is paid for and ready for mailing.

The feedback includes the shipping date, service, and tracking number if any.

Remember, feedback is not particularly important any more. But Detailed Seller Ratings are. If your DSRs drop below 4.3 your ability to list and sell will be severely restricted.

So maybe it is a good thing that some of your buyers are not leaving fb and dsrs?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Personally I leave feedback as soon as the item is paid for, At that point the buyer has fulfilled their end of the transaction.  Leave feedback for me or don't I do mind. I remember in the early days I used to take feedback personally... I'm so glad I've learn not to do that anymore (It makes life on eBay much more enjoyable)

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@decal-fx wrote:

Personally I leave feedback as soon as the item is paid for, At that point the buyer has fulfilled their end of the transaction. 

Really? Last month I had buyer who did charge back his money (100 dol.) about 3 weeks after the confirmed delivery.

If by sending a payment the buyer has "fullfilled their end of a transaction", what then is such a chargeback? Smiley Happy

I would name it an "extended end" or maybe an "extended fullfilling"  Smiley Happy

Concerning the feedback  - for last 100 transactions I got 40 feedback only. 

Before (until 2014) I usually got about 65 feedback for 100 transactions.

Sold an item? Got money? No chargeback? BE HAPPY! You are doing well!!!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Sorry but, I'm not going to live my life in fear of a future possible charge back. I stand by my statement & behind what I sell. 
I've shipped 312 items in the last 31 days and have received 130 feedback , so I'm only netting a little better then you.

@38e_avenue wrote:

@decal-fx wrote:

Personally I leave feedback as soon as the item is paid for, At that point the buyer has fulfilled their end of the transaction. 

Really? Last month I had buyer who did charge back his money (100 dol.) about 3 weeks after the confirmed delivery.

If by sending a payment the buyer has "fullfilled their end of a transaction", what then is such a chargeback? Smiley Happy

I would name it an "extended end" or maybe an "extended fullfilling"  Smiley Happy

Concerning the feedback  - for last 100 transactions I got 40 feedback only. 

Before (until 2014) I usually got about 65 feedback for 100 transactions.

Sold an item? Got money? No chargeback? BE HAPPY! You are doing well!!!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply