Return for Refund Stuck or Lost - What Now?

What happens when a return (for an item not as described) gets lost with a seller-paid, tracked Canada Post Expedited label? It's been stuck in Montreal for two weeks now. Does the buyer still get refunded anyway after a wait period (assuming a lost package claim will be filed with Canada Post)? And how long before the parcel is considered lost?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

There have been a lot of reports of mail being extremely slow so it may still be delivered.  If it is a seller paid label than EBay will consider it the sellers responsibility if it is lost so yes the buyer would likely get refunded eventually.  I’m not sure though if the buyer can ask ebay to step in if there is no delivery scan and I’m not sure at what point eBay would refund them.

I would probably keep in contact with the buyer letting them know that there have been problems with some packages being processed slower in Montreal and that you will refund as soon as you get it back...or something along that line.   Acknowledging that there is a problem sometimes makes a buyer a little more patient.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

5 weeks from me to anywhere, including Toronto which is 2 hrs drive away is becoming too common right now and causing much extra paperwork in my life.

I personally wouldn't worry until well over a month has passed from shipping date, hard as that is to do.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

i had 2 different packages coming to me from Montreal, and they both arrived, exactly 30 days, after they were mailed, sent expedited. Montreal, is in the weeds..

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Quebec was hit hard and early with the CONVID19.

Between sick postal workers and workers who are taking sick/parental/vacation time to stay home with children they seem to be understaffed.

Canada Post has lists of temps who are called in at Christmas. Because they are experienced (and not scabs!) I hope the executives have been using them to get the postal system back on track.

Other locations seem to have worked it out. Montreal? Perhaps not.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I live in Montreal and I sent 2 packages to the USA within the same week, one sent on June 10 going to Washington state which has not been scanned or processed yet so it is still in the sorting center. The second package sent June 12 was scanned and processed the next day and delivered to Cleveland OH June 17. I am hoping my package moves so it gets into the USA postal system.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Package still stuck in Montreal!  At what point does an undelivered (but tracked) return get escalated and refund is due? There's obviously a "reasonable" wait time these days, but not sure what that is - and if it's still within the parameters of Ebay's returned due to item not as described. I am guessing it's the 30 day mark?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I use Asendia (through Chit Chats) and this is what is showing for most all international  (not U.S.) shipments this week.  Oh what fun it is to........  

Expected delivery

4-75 business days
LÜBECK 23558
Germany

Expected delivery
4-75 business days
STRANORLAR DL F93KF7H
Ireland

Message 8 of 8
latest reply