Return requested from US

I am a bit of a rookie here for returns as this is my first return request. I sold a phone new in box to the US. Buyer messages me saying the because the seal is broken, he wants to return it because he says it doesn't match the description. But it does, I said new in box. (I had to open it to unlock the phone). Anyhow I guess I am liable for the cost of return shipping and need to buy a label from a US shipping company? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Return requested from US

@tmsmazgaij 

Have you already signed up for Shippo?

Do so. You'll need a Small Business Solutions number from Canada Post, because Shippo is basically selling us Canada Post products, but that's easily available here:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/business/shipping/find-rates-ship/snap-ship.page

Shippo also sells USPS labels.

I don't think* you can pay for this through Paypal you have to use your credit card.

You send him a pdf of the label. He puts it on the package and returns it.

You refund, relist and sell again. ***

Now that's the return shipping label part. Do ask him to open an eBay Dispute, which puts him on record. If he is sketchey, he won't and you don't refund.

If you follow the Dispute you have a (very) small amount of Seller Protection from both eBay and Paypal.

* I don't often track, and use postage stamps, so this is based on a recent refund claim** I was involved in.

** Which I did not have to make, because the buyer, surprised that a Canadian even could send a label, didn't use it and lost the claim.  Shippo eventually refunded my cost.

*** And add him to your Blocked Bidder List.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Return requested from US

So u used shippo to create a shipping label to ship back to you in canada? Which method did you buy? ... was it first class international? Doesn’t it have to be tracked
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Return requested from US

My understanding is First Class International packets destined for Canada should come with eDELCON (electronic delivery confirmation) if their postage is purchased online.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Return requested from US

Yes. First Class International PACKET. Not FCI Letter.

As it turned out, the scammer buyer did not return the item, he lost the case, and eventually Shippo refunded the cost of the label.

He was complaining that a stamps sold as Used No Gum was used and had no gum. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Return requested from US

Ok I am in a similar situation. I will do what you did and try sending a first class international label via shippo...
Message 6 of 6
latest reply