Returns

Anonymous
Not applicable

The last 5 weeks it seems that I am getting some stupid buyers.  One of them wants to return the magazine as she though it was a DVD.  There is no where "DVD" was listed in listing at all.  I told her to return it at  her expenses.  I am not willing to pay for the return due to stupidity!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Returns

My all time favorite return was a Postcard a guy bought from me and got upset when he received it

It was a RPPC  Promotional Card  of A Vending Machine Circa 1910 which was stated on the Title of the Auction 

I listed it Under Postcards for $9.99 U.S  with $3.00 Shipping. It sold for the first bid. The Listing said it would be sent between Double sided cardboard  in a Size 0 Bubble Envelope 

Reason for being upset,  he wanted to know why I did not send him the Actual Vending Machine. That's why he bid on it

shaking head  the actual machine was worth between 5 and 8 thousand

Had him return it  without comment  and I refunded the Shipping and bid amount

relisted it a few months later and got  $35.00 U.S for it

weavers

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Returns

My favourite nitwit was at the turn of the millennium.

Someone bought a book titled "Pull Up Your Easel" which was a basic guide to oil painting.

Then tried to pay for it with a credit card , which I don't take.

Then using a different name, with Billpoint, but didn't pay shipping.

And the address changed then too.

And then started a Dispute because the book was not an easel. Note he still hadn't paid for it.

At this point as I recall, he changed genders (third name) and yet another address.

Not surprisingly, the ID then went NARU.

But I had actually paid 25c to post  picture of the book, which was green. And the title started with the author's name.

Some people's children.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Returns

Offline I had 5 very hard to find Pin Backs that were Space Related from the 1950's. (A set of 5)

I sold them to a dealer I knew for a really good price  happy with what I got. Could have sold them for more  but made a good profit

About 3 days later I got a phone call from him telling me they were reproductions and he wanted his money back.  He really went at me about them  and was on a roll.  When he said he wanted to return them I immediately told him to return them.  I knew they were originals and there was no way I was getting into it with him,  that would have been a waste of time. Much easier to just take them back 

He kept going on saying this and that until I said "look I told you I would take them back for a Full Refund,  What else do you want"?

He brought them to the store the next weekend still upset I handed him the money and said "I am not discussing it anymore"  

The following weekend I was doing The Old Toy Show in Toronto.  Ran into a customer who was one of the Largest Space Related Toy Collectors in Canada. He was not from the area and I only saw him once a year or so.  He knows his stuff 

I told him I had some Pin Backs that he could be interested in them and told him what occurred.  I had known him for years, He looked at them asked if I would sell them to him for the same price? to which I said yes. I also lowered the price some because we had had good  Business Transactions over the years. He could not get his wallet out fast enough. Told me these were some of the rarest Pin Backs going and he had been looking for a set for years and in no way were they repros 

Chuckle the first guy would not let it go  he told a number of folk who were into them I had sold him repros. It does not take long in the Collecting World for folk to hear about things   a number of collectors knew it had occurred.  The second guy had told them about it

When the guy went on about them one other major collector looked at him and said "you blew it Big Time." They are original and So and So bought them in a Heart Beat  and is thrilled

Saw the first guy over the years but did not go out of my to deal with him again, he never talked about them again to me but I knew he felt quite foolish about his behavior

weavers

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Returns

BNOR = Buyers Do Not Read, it's also why we have so much FAKE NEWS the laziness of today's society...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Returns

I agree Brett,  I can't tell you how many buyers have purchased a craft book from me and then go on to say which sweater they want me to send and the size etc. They haven't read the title or description which always clearly state it is a book and patterns. Sometime they have paid less that $8, and they think I am going to make them a sweater for that amount?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Returns

"Sometime they have paid less than $8, and they think I am going to make them a sweater for that amount?"

You know why? Because you can buy a sweater made in communist China by a child for $8.00 with free shipping...

...and fools in Western nations support communism by shopping in China, go figure!

BDNR = Buyers Do Not Read

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Returns

142578668307 if you want the proof.

Kid Boys Girls Sweater Clothes Knitted Colorful Solid Sweater Cardigan Coat Tops

Support and finance Communism - Made in China 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply