Rural CP Shipping Discount

Meant to post this a month or so ago.  Do you qualify and are you taking advantage of the temporary (till years end) "Rural" discount being offfered to those who's address qualifies as rural?  Hoping they continue it into the new year. The CP email as below.

Running a business in smaller and more rural areas of our country has its unique challenges. We want to assure you that your needs are always a top priority for us.

We’re reaching out to remind you that you have exclusive access to a 20% discount with promo code Rural2022 on Canada-wide shipping until the end of the year. We are happy to see that you have used it already and hope you continue to use with each shipping label you create in Canada Post Snap Ship™.

As a member of the Canada Post Solutions for Small Business™ program, you also get access to free additional resources, success stories, insights and more to help you prosper and grow. Thank you for your trust and loyalty. We hope this promotion helps you continue to serve your customers and your community, as we know what an integral part you play in their lives each day.

Head to Snap Ship today and continue saving.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I wish I could use the promo! I should be able to since I am rural but a few years ago Canada Post said our small PO couldnt handle the mail for sorting so they changed our Postal code from one full of zeros to a large post office in a big town a 1/2 hr drive from me. I still use my rural PO (it's only 6 kms away in a little village) but can't use the promo code. Not exactly big city here, we only have a convenience store/gas bar in my little hamlet. Plus it's really confusing for deliveries, the trucks are always going to the town where the post office postal code is.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I'm absolutely using it! It's made a HUGE difference for me. It basically allows rural sellers to get the same prices as someone sending something from a major center.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi. Has anyone heard if this rural ship discount will be renewed/continued into 2023?  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@snoopwiz wrote:

Hi. Has anyone heard if this rural ship discount will be renewed/continued into 2023?  

As far as I know it isn't. I assume they'll probably take a few months to compile the data, then decide whether to offer it again when everyone's sales slow down in the summer 😞

For the time being, I think the focus for many of us is going to have to be higher value items or lettermail. Things in between may have to be sold locally.

I'm also bumping this to remind anyone using the code to print off your labels tonight and not wait until Monday 🙂

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

phc64
Community Member

Well, the promotion has definitely ended. Shipping one LP album from rural Ontario to rural Nova Scotia: $24.90. Yikes!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply