SELLER ACCOUNT?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!  It seems I am no longer a Seller/Buyer here on EBAY>CA?   I didn't use my account very much due to the ongoing pandemic know as Covid_19 so ebay closed my seller account.   Since then, I have 'chatted' with um maybe 4 or more persons???  Then an actual tech, by cell phone?? $$$ me data....... to no avail.

2 persons, I talked to,  we VERIFIED everything that was to be VERIFIED.   All is HAPPY again.....whilst I was speaking to the second helpful knowledgeable person,  the phone went to silence..................by this time I am screaming at my cell phone........and I am  STILL  NOT BEEN  ABLE TO SELL ON EBAY.CA OR EBAY.COM.......and the process isn't working/chat/person to person/............................no emails,  only a generic one from ebay ~ 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

SELLER ACCOUNT?

marnotom!
Community Member
Are you set up to accept payments through eBay’s new payment system, known as Managed Payments?
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

SELLER ACCOUNT?

What happens in you try to list an item?  

It is probably just a matter of setting up your Managed Payments account which is how sellers how paid now. To do that you need to have a chequing account at a Canadian bank.  If you are listing on .ca you will need to register your Canadian bank chequing account with ebay as that is where they will deposit your funds. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

SELLER ACCOUNT?

@Anonymous 

Yes, it's more a matter of getting payment processing set up than "having a selling account".

We are now pretty well restricted to being registered on dotCA, and having our Managed Payments accounts attached to Canadian banks.

It is possible to use a Canadian chequing account that is held in US dollars if you do most of your listing on dotCOM** and want to receive your payments in USD.

If you use a Canadian checking account in loonies, there will be currency exchange.

It's been my experience that the phones should be avoided, and that trained employees* from Chat are more useful.

Others have dealt with FaceBook and Twitter and seem happy with those.

FWIW- I had a LOT of problems getting set up, but I was able to sell through the whole process. When finally MP was working, all the Held payments were promptly transferred.

Because of the hiatus, eBay may be being excessively cautious.  I have some hope that this switch will make it harder for abandoned accounts to be hijacked.

*rather than subcontractors on the phone from Utah or Manila.

** there is no problem with listing on other sites, just that registration and banking must be in the same country.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

SELLER ACCOUNT?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.   Isn't helping me to have access or getting my items published?    I have no 'seller' account nor can I access a way to have a seller account. 

Thanks again.  Have a great week!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

SELLER ACCOUNT?

What happens when you click on the link "Sell" at the top of most eBay pages?

Can you fill in the form that appears?

Does a form appear?

Look over on the right side of the page and click on Create Listing-> Single Listing.

Can you do that?

After you get past the Description Box, you will have Payment options.

Selling Options->Payment Options.

I see "Payments managed by eBay".

Do you?

Where does the system stop you?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

SELLER ACCOUNT?

"I have no 'seller' account nor can I access a way to have a seller account."

I find that odd since I can see your eBay seller user Id,  your feedback(which shows your feedback as a seller,etc.)

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

SELLER ACCOUNT?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, there is that.....BUT I cannot sell, because Ebay, had stopped my account because it was inactive, I hadn't used  it in more than a year........(please do not reply to this comment) my account is open but not to sell anymore.......Thank you, tho' for your kind comments! Have a nice day.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

SELLER ACCOUNT?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! Thank you so much for your concern.  Ebay, has now kiboshed my account.  As it was inactive for more than a year........funny, Covid hit, and I didn't feel up to/or could not be bothered to keep my account active.....so that is that... EBAy did however, finally help me to open a new account.   

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

SELLER ACCOUNT?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can see my seller info....I CANNOT SELL, THE SELLER ACCOUNT PAGE, AFTER ALL PERTINENT INFO IS FILLED/FILED...GETS ME TO THE PAGE WHERE IT SAYS:  at the bottom, continue! AND THEN NO FURTHER, A RED POP UP: SORRY! PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER,  so I went back and cleared everything I was asked to clear (customer service, emailed me back) and gave me a link, and I used the link and the same old, same old..that page? keeps me from continuing to open a seller account, I did have a seller account, but Covid happened, and I didn't sell!!  for a few years (year 4 now+ other Covid related viruses) so it became inactive, much like my own house hold.......and I actually called eBay, they stated nothing wrong!!!  Waste of $$$/data...

My last and final email to 'someone' who was personally looking after my account??? ya, right! stated, blah blah blah, sent me the very same link> how to open a seller account, filled it all out, after deleting the info before it, and W A I T E D, for about 4 days!!!  Just to make sure,  ticky boo, everything had been updated on file/account.....went back and the exactly, the same problem occured....Sorry, please try again later, something went wrong....Back to the Personal ebay customer service person via email, and said 'some' glitch???   Okay, so fix the glitch..   Since this fiasco,  I have requested,  my account be closed....  Can't bother to be frustrated, to the point, I broke down in tears....after these past 2+ years???  Not worth the anxiety/stress.... Now I will wait for them to send me an email, stating all is closed...  There are more than One, E Commerce site in the world....$$$ no money for me, no money for Ebay.ca .not any more....

Thankyou, mrdutch1001, for your concern,  DO NOT REPLY TO THIS !  I AM NO LONGER INTERESTED, IN ANYONE'S ANSWER.... there was absolutely NO Solution, too my queries.........just blah blah and more blah!! 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

SELLER ACCOUNT?

Do you have an active Managed Payments account so you can get paid?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

SELLER ACCOUNT?

@kh-leslie

@kh-phdan 

ZOMBIE THREAD

Message 12 of 12
latest reply