Sales Tax Not Displayed Properly On Printable "Invoice/Packing Slip"

I presume everyone has this problem but since eBay doesn't have an email address and describing it to someone in a call center over the phone would be brutal I'm dropping it here in hopes it gets some attention. The sales tax is not properly displayed on the printable "Invoice/Packing Slip". I have my settings to charge sales tax on the shipping as well, and it does appear correctly in the total, but the sales tax number displayed only shows the tax amount from the items not the shipping. I can edit the sales record and that fixes it, but that's a huge pain to do for every order. Also, there's a rounding error in there that makes the total incorrect (I presume it's taking all the partial cents from the calculations and keeping them, ie 12.954 for the item and 1.024 for the tax gets added up to 13.98 for the total when it should be 13.97, they're supposed to be chopped to two decimals before being added up). If anyone can direct this to someone who will get it corrected please do.

Dave

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

That sounds truly aggravating. I think this type of technical problem is best referred to one of the lovely folks from ebay who come along periodically to keep an eye on things here. 

@happy_pigeon and tyler@ebay

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I  believe there is a check box, to include taxes on shipping, on the invoice form.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for the tag @momcqueen!

Hi @locoworks - I'm checking into the formatting options of the invoice, as I think that the sales tax display option is located there. I just have to run a few tests. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

tyler@ebay 

Could you check if it is still possible for the seller to receive a copy of the emailed invoice a buyer receives?  There does not appear to be anything available in settings to update if that is your preference. I sent a revised invoice to a buyer the other day, that included the box stating copy to the seller also. No email arrived.  I use it as a reminder to let me know that I have sent a revised invoice and the date. Is this a new change to the system?

-CM

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hmmm... is someone available to take a look at this link and get me some screenshots? I'm unable to view it myself and I'm curious if the sales tax checkboxes are visible from that page or not. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

tyler@ebay 

Could you check if it is still possible for the seller to receive a copy of the emailed invoice a buyer receives?  There does not appear to be anything available in settings to update if that is your preference. I sent a revised invoice to a buyer the other day, that included the box stating copy to the seller also. No email arrived.  I use it as a reminder to let me know that I have sent a revised invoice and the date. Is this a new change to the system?

-CM

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - the checkbox to send a copy to your email should still be live and sending copies of the invoice. Have you had a chance to check your junk folders or whitelist the @ebay.com domain with your email provider?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hmmm... is someone available to take a look at this link and get me some screenshots? I'm unable to view it myself and I'm curious if the sales tax checkboxes are visible from that page or not. 

Thanks!

Hi Tyler,

Attached is a screenshot of that link. No sales tax options there.

Thanks,

Dave

Message 8 of 8
latest reply