Scam complete Let's see if I can win an appeal. Very sad if SCAMMER WINS

Brief history. I am a perfect above standard seller with 500+ postiive feedback.
I sold a  brand new and tested by me metal and plastic item that was well packaged, and the  box arrived with no damage(Fedex provided pictures on delivery). Buyer claimed damage and wanted refund or replacement.  They refused to send pictures after I had asked for some. Through ebay, I sent a Fedex  return label complete with customs forms. The buyer  mailed the item but did not include the customs forms, so the item was returned to them.
I called Ebay to say that I did not recieve the item, and told them about the buyer not including the customs forms(we called Fedex).  The case was closed shortly after the conversation, and the buyer was refunded.
Seroiously?  I am out 100 bucks with all the shipping I covered and the loss of the item.  For me it is not so much the money, but that I really got scammed.  I really feel sorry for good honest sellers that just get taken!
I have appealed the decision as I did everything right, and I hope ebay will do somehting for me with seller protection.  Do you think I should win?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

scary as I talked to Ebay prior to the refund and told them what happened,

Never talk. Chat on social media.

I have some boilerplate about that.

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that mean giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Well, such good news. I won the appeal  and was refunded the monies that were taken from my account.
Really, it is such a relief for me.
Thanks ebay for treating me fairly in the end.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Either there was missing infos here or the system messed up. A buyer can't have a refund without return tracking showing as delivered. It was ovbious to be a case win.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Nice to hear good news from seller with refund issues! Since you had sent the label to them as required you did your part. If they did not do their part (didn't send it back correctly) that is on them.

Good you appealed the initial decision and it worked out for you.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

THE SYSTEM WORKED!

Malicious Buyers do not know all the ins and outs and often trip themselves up in greed...

Well, glad you finally sent that label, it saved you!

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@brettjet38 wrote:

THE SYSTEM WORKED!

Malicious Buyers do not know all the ins and outs and often trip themselves up in greed...

Well, keep in mind that @triplecgirl posted that the buyer received a refund.  eBay isn't going to try to get that refund back, so the "trip up" is going to be in the form of some sort of strike against them.  If they pull this stunt a fair bit and accumulate enough of those strikes, they won't have access to the MBG anymore.  But they'll probably find a way around that, too.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

It was delivered, just back to the buyer as they did not give Fedex  the customs forms  I had included for return.  They got the refund initially . Still a bit scary as I talked to Ebay prior to the refund and told them what happened, and ebay still chose to refund the buyer.  Beats me. Just happy I got my money back on appeal.  I filed a complaint on both Ebay.com and Ebay.ca about the buyer. Does anyone know how many strikes you get as a buyer before you get kicked off?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Yes, thanks for your help. I totally understand the system now, although I don't wholly agree with it. If a buyer claims damage, shouldn't they be obligated to send pictures showing damage prior to openig the dispute?

This dispute resulted in me, as a very good seller, banning low feedback buyers. I banned only on Ebay.com, and had one 0 feed back  buyer yesterday get through on Ebay.ca (did not place ban there).  

Right after the purchase, as I was obligated to sell it to her, I sent a picture of  the new  item as I tested it for her before shipping, and stated what a wonderful product it was .  Immediate polite and knowledgable about the  product response  from her . No scammer here or I am a monkey's uncle. 
I might lift the ban for low feedback buyers on Ebay.com, but I would like to know what percentage of new buyers end up getting booted off for poor conduct. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I like to think in my heart Ebay reversed the refund somehow.  I suspect the scammer walked away happy too, although I don't know.
Hard to stop those scammers for sure.  Seriously, how many email addresses and drop addresses can you have? How easy is it to get credit cards? Just sad. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

scary as I talked to Ebay prior to the refund and told them what happened,

Never talk. Chat on social media.

I have some boilerplate about that.

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that mean giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

eBay is unable to reverse a refund so if you got your money back, that was a courtesy refund from eBay.  The buyer kept the money that they were refunded.

Assuming that you are using the same ID on .com and .ca, when you block a buyer on one ebay site they will be blocked on all.  You can block a buyer with x amount of feedback from making more than one purchase from you at a time, but you can't block them from making a single purchase.

I sell to a lot of 0 feedback buyers and they are as easy if not easier to deal with than buyers that have been around for a long time. Have you put that particular buyer's ID on your blocked buyers list?

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

In my categories, I wouldn't ever consider blocking low feedback buyers because this blocks all folks also who are paying via guest accounts.

I have one very good buyer buying large items, every time via a new ZERO feedback guest account for years now.

I also have at least one buyer who's feedback is in the 50ish range and ALL feedback is from me! 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Yes, you are right. I am calming down now and will turn off the low feedback buyer filter. Stuff happens. Yes, I did block that specific buyer on my list. Thaks you guys are a big help to me.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply