Screwed again

Sold items to buyer in england did not pay for tracking or air shipping complained to ebay that did not recieve ebay looked at cases and refunded monies guess whos laughing now when item shows up on their doorstep Will never sell anything to anyone overseas again

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Screwed again

My buyer in England messaged that the items turned up on his doorstep and sent the payment that was refunded to him by Paypal  happy endings this time

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you.

As the seller, it's your choice and your choice only whether you want to run the risk of offering cheap, untracked postage on your item listings or limit shipping only to Tracked Packet. 

I switched to Tracked Packet in the summer and consequently, Items Not Received (INRs) no longer occur. On the other hand, neither do I get any $10 to $50 sales to overseas. You trade a risk for a loss there regardless.

No matter, what is done is done. Your money and your item are gone. All that you can do now is re-evaulate your risk tolerance. And Report a Buyer for that buyer who filed an INR on you. If this is part of their regular song-and-dance on ebay, sooner or later it will catch up with them. 

For the record, if you want to switch to Tracked Packet, these are the destinations which apply: 

SHIP-TO LOCATIONS BY TRACKED PACKET ONLY FOR ALL ITEMS WORTH LESS THAN $100 CAD AND WEIGHING LESS THAN 2 KG

Austria
Australia
Belgium
Brazil
Croatia
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Hong Kong
Hungary
Italy
Ireland
Iceland
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Malta
Netherlands
New Zealand
Poland
Portugal
Singapore
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
United Kingdom
USA

Also, as you are selling video games and such, you may already know you are in a high-fraud category. This may factor into your decision whether or not to offering only tracking on your items. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@dr_olds69 wrote:

Sold items to buyer in england did not pay for tracking or air shipping complained to ebay that did not recieve ebay looked at cases and refunded monies guess whos laughing now when item shows up on their doorstep Will never sell anything to anyone overseas again

Never use surface shipping, as you found out it can take too long with the rules eBay and PayPal have in place.

If you sell overseas you use an air service like Small Packet, Tracked Packet or Expedited. And you let the potential buyer decide if it's worth the extra cost.

-..-

And send a polite note (assuming you have not burnt your bridges) asking the buyer to send payment when the item finally arrives.

-..-

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

My buyer in England messaged that the items turned up on his doorstep and sent the payment that was refunded to him by Paypal  happy endings this time

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

still will be careful of sending anything overseas again without tracking
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is not many countries that we can ship by Tracked Packet.  In fact, I tried to include countries that I don't want to ship on my listings but cannot find how to do that, anyone knew?  Thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I have mind done as so:

1. Offer Calculated shipping with International Tracked Packet on selection Worldwide.

2. Block every country on earth except those served by Tracked Packet.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply