Search Engine Keywords Gone! Basic Stores Lose This Feature?

While doing some work to my store the other night I discovered that the "Search Engine Keywords" page that used to be available to edit the keywords for your store categories had disappeared. the link is till there on the "Manage Your Store" page however when you click on it you are delivered to a page that  gives you an error message in red saying " The page has moved or no longer exists"

Through my own research and through speaking with Ebay I have discovered thatthis has been ongoing for at least the last 20 days, perhaps longer.

According to Ebay customer support they have been updated that there will be no solutin to this for approximately 60 days from the first report 20 days ago. That is very strange now isn't it? Soundsan awful lot like the "fix" whatever it is will coincide with the Spring 2015 Seller Update.

Isn't it also strange that yesterday i received an email from Ebay inviting me to take advanmtage of a promotional 25% discount on an upgraded store subscription for 3 months. How much you want to bet that should I avail myself of that upgrade offer I would discover that the "Search Engine Keywords" edit page is still available to premium store subscribers? Maybe not, maybe it won't be back until the spring update but it looks to me like this was done on purpose and basic store subscribers will be losing this feature. Upgrading to a Premium store from a Basic store is best case scenario $408 exra in fees per year.

If I am correct about what has happend here, this is reprehensible on Ebay's part. To not only do this without telling anyoone but to remove this feature from basic store subscribers with no option for them but to shell out an extra $400/year is deplorable.

If I am right, and it looks very much like I am, this will be just anothewr nail in the coffin of small "boutique" sellers.

Good job Ebay!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Treasure! I have an anchor store and I get the same message.....
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:
Hi Treasure! I have an anchor store and I get the same message.....

Well, there you go.

Perhaps they have removed it altogether until the Spring Update.

It makes absolutely no sense that it is gone with a projected 60 day resolution if it isn't on purpose with some change being made in the Seller Update. The only reason to o it without saying anything as well is because someone is losing the feature and won't be happy. Otherwise you would do it all with trumpets and confetti.

That feature is HUGE and to lose it will be a severe hardship for Basic store subscribers.

I guess we'll see.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply