Seller account glitch

Please tell me this is a glitch. I just checked my account page and seen the amount owing is $1000. I have an anchor store and have not yet used up my allotment for the month. I did just end and moved a bunch of listing from .com to .ca and vice versa. That was just to clean up some categories, but that still falls under my allotment. I also spent a day reorganizing my categories and adjusting the shipping costs. Because of all that I can't get any info off my page (Too much account activity).

Now I would have loved to sell that much to warrant a thousand dollar bill. lol. Should I wait a day or phone now?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Seller account glitch

well, the anchored store fee is over $300 isnt it?

have you made $7000k in sales this month? that would equal about $700 in fees.. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Seller account glitch

Did you look at the detail of your December invoice?

Your current billings and previous invoice give details of every single charge on your account.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Seller account glitch

KC depending on how you pay, you might be looking at eveyrthing billed and not paid. You'll have received the December "bill" a while ago, but if you "autopay" with PAYPAL it won't have pulled it out of your account for a few days yet, there is a couple week delay. That will mean you are looking at decembers and january's bills together.....
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Seller account glitch

On hold with ebay now. Eleven minute wait twenty minutes ago.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Seller account glitch

@kcgwynne wrote:

On hold with ebay now. Eleven minute wait twenty minutes ago.

Did you look at your December invoice?????

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Seller account glitch

Yes the Dec invoice was normal. This just happened since the first of the month as I always keep track until the invoice has been paid.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Seller account glitch

Just found the download option and am just reviewing while the CSR is looking it over as well. Multi tasking one handed.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Seller account glitch

Just got off the phone with the CSR. She said call back in three days and gave me a reference number, it should be sorted out by then.

The huge amount just showed up only a couple of days ago. Until then everything seemed to match up with last months invoice.

I now have hopefully a current invoice downloaded so I can see perhaps I did something wrong.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Seller account glitch

I have found the problem. Apparently when I bulk edited over 700 listings in turbo lister I accidently hit the gallery plus option. When the listings were done uploading it didn't indicate I was being charged for this as I can recall. I thought gallery plus was free to anchor stores as I did this before to test it. Well when I make a mistake mine as well be a $700 one.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Seller account glitch

Again found the problem. I started these listing collectable spoons over a year ago on .com and recently moved them in bulk using excel over to .ca.

The problem that I can find is that gallery plus is free in collectibles on .com but not on .ca,

On the phone again with ebay.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Seller account glitch

Free Gallery Plus in certain categories on eBay.com does not apply to eBay.ca. Been like that for years. A few postings over the years in these forums of buyers making this mistake. So technically you were wrong. But eBay might give a one time credit for all the listings since is is an honest (but expensive) mistake.

A side note here. In the past years for Spring and Fall Seller Updates, when updating fees help pages on eBay.ca, eBay.ca sometimes copy the USA page and have the free gallery plus listed when not true for eBay.ca. I reported this incorrect info in the past a few times but not in the past year or 2 (I forgot about it).

Currently if you look at the store seller fees on both sites, the eBay.ca page is correct and does not mention any free categories. (See optional fees)

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html#optional

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/storefees.html#optional

If you look at non-store seller fees page below, the eBay.ca says Free Gallery Plus on some categories. It most likely incorrect based on past history.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/fees.html#optional

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html#optional

I know the stores fees apply to you so no incorrect info can be used as an excuse.

I do not know why eBay.ca does not match eBay.com with the free gallery plus. Just a perk for eBay.com USA sellers to keep them on eBay I guess.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Seller account glitch

Thank you Poco. I made these listing last march with turbo lister on .com. I was excited that I could transfer them over to .ca in bulk that I honestly didn't think of triple checking the listing for any differences between the sites. I use the sell similar function on turbolister so somehow I must have turned it off when I started listing on .ca.

The CSR said to wait until after the invoice is made because they cannot see any charges until then.

A little more confusion for me is that I tried to revise a listing made on .ca and there was no option for gallery plus. I get the message 'Value Pack is applicable' 'You've already selected an option that contains Gallery'

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Seller account glitch

Update. I phoned ebay back and because I have never asked for any credits in the last 24 months they were able to credit back the charges. But just have to wait for confirmation thou.

Just have to figure out the mixed up pictures now. lol

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Seller account glitch

Oye. I was holding my breath for you. Keep checking for the credit but keep in mind eBay time, eBay time seems to be longer than regular time.

This does help substantiate what I have always said, Low volume complaining callers get better service. There are sellers that call EVERY DAY. I call about twice a year.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 15
latest reply