Seller not included key photographed Pokemon cards in a lot.

This week I bought a lot of 400 cards. Two thumbnails showed three stacks of cards; energies, a pile with a Drapion V on top and another pile with an Oleana Rainbow card on top. The rest of the cards are hidden. The description describes the basic 'cards in good condition from mixed sets' that you'd expect.

Anyway, I receive the cards and the Drapion V and Oleana card aren't included. Having forensically looked through them, the seller has definitely omitted them from the lot.

I've reached out to the seller to ask why this is before taking any impulsive steps. Maybe it was a mistake. Maybe I'm being scammed. The seller has 100% feedback across a load of sales, so I don't feel I've made a mistake. (However, I surmise that it's not his main account).

He has responded saying that I'm attempting to scam him and that the cards were definitely included. This is disappointing as I use Ebay in good faith. I buy, so I expect to receive.

I'm just wondering what my options are. How can I prove they weren't sent?

I'm aware of Buyer Protection which I can use from the 2nd, but do I have a leg to stand on in this situation?
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

marnotom!
Community Member
I see you’re registered in the United Kingdom but you’ve posted your query to the Canadian eBay Community Discussion Boards. Is your seller Canadian?

We don’t mind helping you, but I’m thinking that you may prefer seeking advice from UK-based gamers.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You will be told to return the cards to the seller. You may receive a Return Shipping Label.

You may have to pay for shipping.

When all the cards you received are back with him you will be refunded.

Sellers are usually suspicious when the most valuable parts of a lot are proclaimed to be missing, but neither eBay nor Paypal make a decision based on those claims.

They stick with Return for Refund and use Delivery Confirmation numbers to decide Not Received claims and requiring returns before refunds for Not As Described claims.

You might try weighing everything, including packaging, and comparing that to the probable weight if the cards had been included. But that weight difference would be negligible even perhaps if the cards are protected.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Buyers generally don't have to 'prove' anything when they open a return request when an item is not as described.  When you open a return reqest in the resolution center at the bottom of the page, there are reasons that you can choose for the return such as item not as described, missing items, damaged items etc. that will force the seller to accept a return and for them to pay for the return shipping.   At least that's how it works in Canada and the US and probably in the UK but if that's where you are, you should check on the UK forum.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply