Seller's "See Other items" not showing

kashka
Community Member

So after a prolonged break,I decided to give ebay a whirl again..but just noticed something.Viewing an item on .ca,people cannot see my other items..is this because I list on the .com site.Do we have to pay for that visibility?Just never noticed this before.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller's "See Other items" not showing

There are up to 4 options for international so under ship to click on choose custom location then check off Canada and fill in the service and shipping cost.   Then click on offer additional service and choose worldwide and fill in the service and intl shipping cost. Or if you just want to ship to specific countries choose custom locations and check the countries that you will ship to?

Make sure that you list the Canada option first so Canadian buyers see that cost in search.  In some cases both the Canada and worldwide options will be seen under the shipping tab but that doesnt really matter as they will choose the less expensive one.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

It could be because you don't have a shipping cost set up for Canada or any country other than the US.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I couldn't see ANY of your (10?) items, so I switched to dotCOM.

Then, although you say you ship to Canada, there is no shipping price.

So that may be the problem.

You can set up Flat Rates for non-US destinations.

And you can set up various Flat Rates by using the Offer Another Service button first for Canada then for the other destinations going by the Rate Card (UK costs less than Australia).

The PNG bone dagger is really cool!! And I wonder if the 'Physique' magazine would also be 'gay interest'?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Thankyou!...I just have never noticed this before.I list thru Auctiva so I may have to try something different in it's shipping section.I have always just added the blurb about Canada & International to contact me as prices vary so much not knowing it didn't show my other items.Thanks for the ideas!

Reallynicestamps...good suggestion about the mags..I thought about that in the past and  just assumed that those looking for covers like that would already be checking out that category but it wouldn't hurt to add it.Thanks!

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

The rules seem to vary. I do see  some items on.ca that don't show a shipping cost as long as the seller has listed that they do ship here. But then other ones are totally invisible.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I list thru Auctiva so I may have to try something different in it's shipping section.

Why?

What advantage does this give over the Sell Your Item form?

I think someone told me that Turbo Lister  allowed the seller to set the opening time for free, which is a 10 cent option on the SYI.

But that would only be useful for auctions.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I have since it become available...creature of habit I guess..lol.I find it very easy..scheduling is free.Just enter info and go..5 minutes a listing maybe.There's a monthly charge which I find very reasonable and in 15 years only had a couple hiccups.Get to store my photos there..very easy to make a similar listing..just ease of use I guess.I don't have many listings and use only the auction so it fits my needs nicely.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I just noticed my  scrolling gallery in the listing is available on both sites..so that will show my other items.But I will check my shipping info next time I list again and see what i can figure out.Thanks again!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

If you’ve been playing around with your ship-to tabs and then check Seller’s Other Items, it will generally only show you which items ship to that tab. If they have not been recently revised.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@reallynicestampswrote:

I list thru Auctiva so I may have to try something different in it's shipping section.

Why?

What advantage does this give over the Sell Your Item form?

I think someone told me that Turbo Lister  allowed the seller to set the opening time for free, which is a 10 cent option on the SYI.

But that would only be useful for auctions.

No, eBay Turbo Listed does not have free scheduling. Turbo Lister creates a listing just like working online and eBay scheduling is just an option to choose in TL just like working online. Fees for scheduling follow the eBay fee schedule, non-store get free scheduling and store sellers pay 10 cents a listing.

What Turbo Lister users did was create all their listings and place them in the waiting to upload sections. Then when they would upload them to eBay at the desired time but they would have to be in front of they computer to do this. The eBay scheduling option was not used.

Sellers using the online Sell Your Item tool could use eBay scheduling too to hold listing by scheduling the start time up to 21 days later then manually editing the scheduled time to start immediately when they wanted to start them. No scheduling fee is charged if the scheduling is removed and eBay does not start the listing using the schedule option.

Many sellers used eBay scheduling to hold listings years ago just like drafts today. But using this scheduling trick is much better than drafts. But a seller has to be careful not to forget about them or they will start at the designated time and a fee charged.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@momcqueenwrote:
If you’ve been playing around with your ship-to tabs and then check Seller’s Other Items, it will generally only show you which items ship to that tab. If they have not been recently revised.

Momcqueen..I looked at my shipping options in Auctiva and was able to add "international".I put in a higher shipping cost and requested in the description for Canadians to contact me until I get an idea of what to put in for a flat rate for future auctions.I (and I hope others)can now see  my other items.But I also see that it doesn't show sold/completed items (on .ca)from last week but I can live with that :)..Thanks for your ideas!

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Honestly, it's unlikely that I would open up one of your listings since the search view shows me anywhere from $30-$50 for shipping and that seems very high. So I wouldn't see your comment about Canadians emailing you for a shipping cost.  The same is probably true for at least some Canadian buyers.

I'm not sure why you aren't listing on .ca since calculated shipping would come in handy for you.  But if you prefer to list  on .com you could figure out the most expensive cost to ship each item within Canada, separate Canada from the rest of the world in your shipping area and use that cost for shipping to Canada. There is a chance that more Canadians would open up your listing and then see the note about asking you for a shipping cost.

btw, You have the same options in Auctiva when setting up shipping as you do when listing directly on ebay.  🙂

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Pjcdn,thats a very good point...but unless I switch to selling on .ca,I cannot specify shipping to Canada on Auctiva without eliminating the other countries that I  will ship to.Domestic in Auctiva is US only..International countries include Canada..so if I only check the Canada box,then my listing will indicate only Canada and I could potentially lose international interest.So six of one..half dozen of the other..I just have to hope that people will read the description.Unless I am really missing something here 🙂

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

There are up to 4 options for international so under ship to click on choose custom location then check off Canada and fill in the service and shipping cost.   Then click on offer additional service and choose worldwide and fill in the service and intl shipping cost. Or if you just want to ship to specific countries choose custom locations and check the countries that you will ship to?

Make sure that you list the Canada option first so Canadian buyers see that cost in search.  In some cases both the Canada and worldwide options will be seen under the shipping tab but that doesnt really matter as they will choose the less expensive one.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

OMG...thankyou so much,Pjcdn!..I read your reply last night and it finally sunk in this morning when I got thinking.."add another service"..lol..So obvious...This not working anymore has dulled the old brain..Thanks again!!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply