Selling/Shipping to China from Canada

I  am a Canadian seller who sells through ebay.com. I had a buyer from China reach out and ask if they could purchase some items and have it shipped to China (under $100 worth of items).  I picked lettermail shipping as it is a small light paper cards .  None of the shipping options from Canada Post looked like they were insurable. The buyer bought the item and hasn't paid yet. The buyer said they can't pay. They said that they need for me to select express shipping for them to be able to complete the transaction or ebay won't ship to their address. There is a language barrier going on here too. I am thinking of just canceling and that it is not worth it. Anybody ship to China can offer some insight.    

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I live in the happy "stamp" world and I won't ship to China without tracking.

One also should if at all possible have both English and Chinese addresses on the package. (You need the English one to populate the customs address (see below) and the Chinese one to make sure the folks over there deliver it properly).

I'd advise them if they want it tracked you'd have to use expresspost, and the shippng will be $(whatever it is) and leave the decision up to them. If they decline, then you have the "buyer changed their mind" reason for cancelling the transaction which does not count against you.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@flights_of_fantasy902 

You may be able to use Google translate to assist in your back and forth depending on the Chinese is their language of choice.

https://translate.google.ca/?sl=en&tl=zh-CN&op=translate

-Lotz

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The buyer may also be thinking express will be cheap as it is for shipments out of China and is in for a shock at the expense.    Or trying to "negotiate" a shipping upgrade.   I would follow ricarmic's advice and expect it may just be declined or else you will never hear back from them and you can cancel for non-payment after the 4 day period has passed.

Even though there is communication, the clock is running on the time period to make payment is it not? 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I would be wary of sending anything without tracking to China as well. 

eBay doesn't generally say which service a seller has to use so I doubt that is the problem.  It looks like one of your sold listings has a .95 shipping cost to China which wouldn't cover the cost.  I don't see a shipping cost to China on any other of your active or sold listings.  Did you send them an invoice with a shipping cost?   If the items are still showing as active then you will have to add shipping to the listing(s). Or  make one listing with all of the items with the total cost of shipping.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply