Sent combined invoice with shipping but when buyer paid shipping comes up free?

So sent invoice,buyer paid but shipping came up free?Can buyers change the shipping rate?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Was your item listed with calculated shipping or did you use flat-rate shipping when you listed the items?

Yes, at one point Buyers were able to adjust the shipping on their end, now I use calculated shipping and combined shipping rules when I list items to prevent a Buyer from changing what I put as the shipping amount.

Also, with calculated shipping Buyers who purchase multiple items get a combined shipping invoice automatically, I have never had issues.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Calculated shipping,why

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

No, buyers don't have the ability to change the shipping rate whether it is calculated or a flat rate. When you sent the invoice did you adjust the shipping amount? Where is the buyer located?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I'm not sure what sort of problems you had but I haven't heard of a problem in years.  Some buyers could change the shipping charge in the mid 2000's but that loophole was closed not that long after I started selling here.  It would only happen in very specific circumstances and was related to the seller not specifying a shipping cost to a specific location.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The buyer can't change shipping rate but is there any chance when you did up the invoice you deducted the shipping charge (to reduce the amount) since it usually shows up as the total of all items until you manually change it, and didn't put in the new/lower combined rate? I know I make sure I hit tab until I see the total at bottom adjust so I know my chance took. Also I get a copy of invoices I send out sent to me also, if you do can you check/see if it was in there?

There was only one time I wasn't paid the shipping charge and it was when I had accepted an offer, for whatever reason the shipping charge didn't carry over with it. Never found out why but luckily the buyer was also interested in other items and the shipping charge was made up for there.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/posting-items/setting-postage-options/using-postage-calculator?id=4...

2 min article

Using our shipping calculator

When you create a listing using the calculated shipping option, we use our shipping calculator to automatically update the shipping charge a buyer sees based on their location, and the details you provide on your package and delivery service.

Here's how to use calculated shipping when listing your items:

1. In the Shipping section of your listing, select Calculated: Cost varies by buyer location.
  2. Next to Services, select Calculate Shipping.
  3. In Package details in the Shipping Calculator, enter your package type, dimensions, and weight. If you're selling an irregularly shaped item, estimate its dimensions by measuring a box you can fit it in.
  4. In Your details, enter your postal code and any handling fees.
  5. You can add a destination if you'd like.
  6. Select Calculate shipping.
  7. Then select the shipping services you want to offer. Those you select appear to the left, and you can drag them to reorder the presentation to your buyer.
  8. Select Offer shipping services.
  9. Complete your listing.

Tip
You can also use the shipping calculator before creating your listing, to research what it might cost to send your item to different locations.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

"Some buyers could change the shipping charge in the mid 2000's but that loophole was closed not that long after I started selling here."

Yes, that issue I knew it was a few years ago, could not remember the date.

It was what finally got me to set up all my listings with calculated shipping, and combined shipping, and measurements & handling charges in my listings. Never had issues since, it just takes time to get used to standard sizes and weights for the things one sells.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply