Setting preferences to combat deadbeat buyers

I'm having a lot of non paying buyers lately after I've accepted offers. Can someone please tell me why I cannot change the settings of how much time a buyer has to pay? The only option it seems to give me is 30 days!? Please see attached screenshot.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Setting preferences to combat deadbeat buyers

You can set your Seller Preferences /Buyer Requirements to automatically Block bidders with Strikes for Unpaid Items.

https://www.ebay.ca/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Accepting an Offer removes the option for Immediate Payment Required. If you want IPR, do not accept Offers.

EBay will Cancel an Unpaid transaction after four days. The option is on the Sell Your Item page.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You can set your Seller Preferences /Buyer Requirments to automatically Block bidders with Strikes for Unpaid Items.

Accepting an Offer removes the option for Immediate Payment Required. If you want IPR, do not accept Offers.

EBay will Cancel an Unpaid transaction after four days. The option is on the Sell Your Item page.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

So they are not obligated by ebay rules to pay for an item that they made an offer on and it was accepted? I'm confused. I did change the settings you mentioned.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Just as I can leave that shirt I decided at the cash behind and leave the shop.

The seller can either opt for the automatic eBay cancellation after four days (which is four days faster than this time last year) or manually open an Unpaid Item Dispute after four days, which probably still allows the deadbeat another four days to pay up.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Accepting an offer does mean that they have committed to but but ebay can not force them to do so.   There is a setting that will require buyers to pre authorize payment when they make or accept an offer but right now it only applies to a test group of buyers.  To set it up go to your selling preferences page, click on edit next to blocked buyers list and check off 'buyer payment requirements'.  It is supposed to affect all buyers eventually but I have no idea when that will be.

Are you still not able to put your automatic cancellation to less than 30 days?  Try turning off the automatic option and then turning it on again. Or turn it off and manually cancel yourself on the 5th day after purchase.  Cancel -- buyer didn't pay

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I believe that the auto payment for offers has gone full time on .com as I see that option there. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply