Shipment Delay Requested

Buyer has paid for an item, but requested a one-month delay in shipment while they travel abroad. Is there any way to do this while avoiding the late-shipment black mark?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shipment Delay Requested

Sadly I'm having a memory failure, I have experienced this in the past. I can't remember if:

1) I advised the buyer that I was marking it as shipped now to keep the ebay folks happy and will delay the item as requested, reminding them to not ding me with the shipping question when it does arrive

OR

2) I NEVER marked the item as shipped (this is what I think I did).

When it is shipped, and if it was a tracked package, I would ebay message the buyer the tracking number when it is on its way, replying to the message they sent asking it to be delayed. (again not updating it onto the item)

If it isn't tracked, I would still advise them of the shipping date, again replying to their message requesting the delay.

So you'll have to figure out from my and other responses the best approach, I'll probably remember in a while so if I do, I'll update this accordingly...

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Shipment Delay Requested

At one time eBay said that if the buyer requested in messages that you don’t ship right away, you could phone cs and get the late mark taken off.  I  think they will still do that but I’m not certain and don’t know how consistent they are about doing it.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Shipment Delay Requested

What is the "punishment " for a late shipment?

Would we lose out Global TRS status?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Shipment Delay Requested

Late shipments don't affect trs status unless the seller has a percentage higher than 5% AND more than 5 late marks.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Shipment Delay Requested

Sadly I'm having a memory failure, I have experienced this in the past. I can't remember if:

1) I advised the buyer that I was marking it as shipped now to keep the ebay folks happy and will delay the item as requested, reminding them to not ding me with the shipping question when it does arrive

OR

2) I NEVER marked the item as shipped (this is what I think I did).

When it is shipped, and if it was a tracked package, I would ebay message the buyer the tracking number when it is on its way, replying to the message they sent asking it to be delayed. (again not updating it onto the item)

If it isn't tracked, I would still advise them of the shipping date, again replying to their message requesting the delay.

So you'll have to figure out from my and other responses the best approach, I'll probably remember in a while so if I do, I'll update this accordingly...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Shipment Delay Requested

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @renata6 - @pjcdn2005 gave good info here, if the buyer requested via messages CS can appeal the late shipment miss. 

What cannot be appealed is the 'Tracking Uploaded on time and Validated' mark, but you have a buffer there too. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Shipment Delay Requested

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi @renata6 - @pjcdn2005 gave good info here, if the buyer requested via messages CS can appeal the late shipment miss. 

What cannot be appealed is the 'Tracking Uploaded on time and Validated' mark, but you have a buffer there too. 

Just wanted to note that particular metric doesn’t affect global trs.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Shipment Delay Requested

I would refund the payment... and then send an invoice when the buyer is back.

The item can sit as purchased but not paid.

Another option... maybe....

Message 8 of 8
latest reply