Shipping cost adjustment

When I go to print my shipping label I sometimes have a box that is more suitable than the one I originally packed my item in. Or the item turns out to be lighter than my original input for weight. My question is, does the buyer get an automatic refund if the shipping goes down?
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Shipping cost adjustment

No! The buyer pays whatever the listing says what they should pay.

If it turns out that you can ship for less you can either stick the extra money in your pocket as a "handling fee" or refund the excess to the buyer (note that YOU will not get a refund of FVF's from eBay).

Generally speaking the only time you would contemplate a partial shipping refund is when you have a combined order.

It looks like you use Calculated shipping, the buyer purchased knowing what the shipping is I don't see any reason to provide any type of refund just because you found slightly smaller or lighter box.

One day you'll have a shipment that will need a larger and/or heavier box than you thought, you'll be ok since you know you made a little extra on another shipment.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Shipping cost adjustment

Yep, I just dropped a bunch off at chitchat today, some over, some under, but it washed out about right.    

Message 3 of 3
latest reply