Shipping to Belarus? Any problems?

Just sold an item to Belarus. It's in Eastern Europe bordering on the Ukraine and Russia. I really don't know how this one got in there as being a country I ship to under normal circumstances, let alone now with the Ukraine- Russia situation. Has anyone shipped there before by Small Pkt Air and if so was there any problem? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hi. Sorry I don't have an answer about Belarus.  I don't think it's a destination experienced by most sellers. I do have a suggestion for those who may wonder.

If you receive a "Notice to Ship" after your item has been paid for and you have suspicions why not open a Chat with eBay (not a phone call) and ask before you ship it?

I did this recently when a zero feedback buyer purchased an expensive item. The customer service rep told me to ship it out and eBay would have my back.  eBay sends that to you in writing via the chat transcript. 

intime

PS Upon receipt the new buyer was elated and gave me glowing feedback

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

As of this morning, Belarus and Russia were holding war games on the Ukrainian border. 

The country is a dictatorship with the usual governing kleptocracy.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Well, I have no real reason to not ship so I am shipping to Belarus. My shipping profile showed shipping to Europe which somehow I assumed would not include Eastern Europe but it does. Or I should say did, I have now removed Europe and just have certain countries within the EU shown on my listings.

Shipping Sm Pkt Air, we'll see if it gets there and how long it takes. My PM said I shouldn't worry about that, just hope there is a country for it to get to! (It's bordered by Russia and Ukraine.)

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Today I had the pleasure of sending a package to Azerbaijan. I think thats the first time I've sent one there, it too is small packet air, will be interesting to see if it ever arrives......

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Have you also excluded the countries you do not want to have included in shipping?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Small Packet is untracked so that leaves eBay out of the picture.

I don't know what it's value is but you might as well tie it to the leg of a seagull. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@byto253 wrote:

Have you also excluded the countries you do not want to have included in shipping?

No, because I will ship worldwide as long as I am paid the appropriate shipping cost depending on the country I ship to and the value of the item. However, most of my items are not high value anyway. Many years ago, I used to get bidding wars and vintage sewing patterns and linens would sell for over a hundred dollars. No longer though. I do miss the old eBay, sigh........

Message 8 of 8
latest reply