Should I be registered on US or CA?

Could someone here who sells on .com give me some guidance please?

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to a rep on eBay because I was having problems getting accepted on MP. He told me that the problem was because I was registered on the US site and I should be on the Canadian site.

He asked if it was alright to change it over. I assumed he knew that was the correct this today, so he changed it over. Since then I have had problem and problem and I have not had a sale for 9 days. I rarely go more than 2 days without a sale, and I am not sure if this is the problem.

I am not sure if I should ask for it to be moved back to Canadian.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Morning @triber - I heard back on this. I didn't get much detail, but the long and short of it is that moving your site registration to Canada broke the connection with managed payments. Your account will eventually be asked to re-register, but until that time your funds will be sent to PayPal and you will receive invoices the old way. 

As to any pending payouts for funds you received while your account had payments managed by eBay, it sounds like they're working on getting you those funds but it could take some time.

At this point, moving your registration site back to .com won't change anything (and you'd have to provide a registration address within the US), so I don't think you should pursue that. 

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

tyler@ebay
Community Member

I'm sorry @triber - it was not necessary to change your registration site. CS has been told repeatedly that asking you to change your registration site is incorrect - and I will make sure that the teammates you spoke with receive appropriate coaching. 

Can you let me know a bit more about what other issues you've been experiencing? I can't promise that I can solve them, but I can make sure that I get them to the right folks. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Thank you so much Tyler. How can I get it put back to US registration?

I have had problems with an invoice I was supposed to pay immeditely, but when I tried to pay it, it wouldn't work.

Trouble contacting buyers.

Trouble answering questions from buyers

The lowest sales I have every had in over 20 years, I am not sure if it is because of this problem or not.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Your listing pages suggest that you’re still using the PayPal-based payments system. Are you supposed to be switched over now or was your switchover postponed?
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I forgot to mentions that I have had 3 messages each a week apart saying that my payment has been sent to  my bank, not sure why it is never there, and why they just keep sending it with no results.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Thank you so much Tyler. How can I get it put back to US registration?

I have had problems with an invoice I was supposed to pay immeditely, but when I tried to pay it, it wouldn't work.

Trouble contacting buyers.

Trouble answering questions from buyers

The lowest sales I have every had in over 20 years, I am not sure if it is because of this problem or not.

Thank you @triber! For what it's worth, some of the issues you're describing about contacting don't seem immediately payments related (if you have any screenshots or error messages you can get me when trying to answer questions or contact buyers that would be helpful!). 

The invoice and payout issues are concerning and do seem payments related - but unfortunately are out of my scope of knowledge. I will escalate them and let you know if I hear back!  

**Edit to add** sorry! I missed the bit about the US registration. I'm not certain what should happen with that at this point. I'll keep you in the loop as I get more info.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Thanks Tyler, maybe I will call eBay and ask for my registration to be put back to US.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Man, this is about to destroy my Ebay selling.  I was registered with E-Bay.com.  They want me to go to Ebay.ca and sell from there.  I was printing my postage from .com as a use a cross border shipping service.  Will I still be able to print these same labels from E-Bay.ca.  I have been with E-Bay for over 20 years as a seller.  This is nothing but problems creating more problems.  Why can E-bay not leave a good thing be.  This site gets worse for the sellers with every change it makes. 

Mustangnorm1

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I'll wait until I hear back from you Tyler before I ask for it to to changed back.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Morning @triber - I heard back on this. I didn't get much detail, but the long and short of it is that moving your site registration to Canada broke the connection with managed payments. Your account will eventually be asked to re-register, but until that time your funds will be sent to PayPal and you will receive invoices the old way. 

As to any pending payouts for funds you received while your account had payments managed by eBay, it sounds like they're working on getting you those funds but it could take some time.

At this point, moving your registration site back to .com won't change anything (and you'd have to provide a registration address within the US), so I don't think you should pursue that. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Thank you so much Tyler, what a mess! I thought I was doing the right thing in agreeing to have my registration changed when I was told that is what should be done. I will just be patient and wait for my 2 payments to be paid. I really appreciate you working on this for me, it was hard enough getting my managed payment accepted, I guess I'm going to have to go through that again!

I really think the US reps should know that this is not the right thing to do.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Just a quick question, I am not going to get into a problem with eBay because I am late getting managed payment registration am I? I hope they know that it was not my fault. I was a bit upset to see that the message that it was changed said "as you requested", I didn't request it, I was told it had to be done.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I was told I was switched over to MP and it was successful. I had several MP payments, and then I had a problem with my payments not going into the bank and the rep. told me it was because I was supposed to be registered in Canada and he changed my status over, as you will see from tyler, that is not true and aparently it has cancelled my MP registrations. So frustating, it took ages and lots of phone calls to finally get it completed, now it gone!

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

You can still sell on .com but when you set up managed payments you have to do that through .ca.  You can set up to receive your payouts in either $US or in $C but you need to have a chequing account set up at a Canadian bank in whichever currency you want your payouts in.  Note that some people have been having problems with getting MP to work, I'm not sure if the cause is the US$ payouts.

If you get $C payouts you can still list on .com but when the currency will be converted to Canadian before being deposited into your bank account.  As far as I know you can still print labels on .com even if your listing are on .ca...I don't know if that has changed with MP.   You can't print usps labels on .ca.

Your listings state that you are using ebay international standard labels to Canada and other countries? Are you really sending an item from Niagara to the US and then back to Canada again? If not, you might want to change your shipping to a generic one as some buyers prefer not to use ebay shipping methods.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

You can still sell on .com but when you set up managed payments you have to do that through .ca. You can set up to receive your payouts in either $US or in $C but you need to have a chequing account set up at a Canadian bank in whichever currency you want your payouts in. 

I was already set up on MP and receiving payments that way until a rep. changed my registration for US to Canada. That has now shut down my MP registration.

I don't understand what you mean by "are you really sending an item from Niagara to the US and then back to Canada again? " I don't have a choice of shipping on .com except International standard, there isn't a Canada Post option.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

Hi, I was advised that ebay would change registration from .com to .ca, and have not received 2500$ that is owed to me from ebay, it has been 6 weeks, and now today I am told to shut down my store and open a new one with a new username, email, and re-list 1500 items on the new site! Common man what the hell is going on, and then when asked about the 2500$ owed, she said she will get back to me in 90 minutes, deadline has passed no call!!!

Please help!!!

larryhabsfan

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

You shouldn't have to change your regisration.

When you signed up for Managed Payments, did you sign up on .com or on .ca?

If it was on .com, you need to sign up on .ca so see if you can sign up here.  You will have the option of having your payouts in $C or $US. You will need to have an account in that currency at a Canadian bank.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I think the issue people here are having is when ebay changes their country of registration status that pushes them out of managed payments. They don't seem to have any ability to manually retrigger the sign up process. If I was owed money I'd be calling and demanding it. Ebay can pay people out manually and it is about **bleep** time they start doing so. If compliance isn't signing off on accounts then let the sellers get them the information start activating people manually. It's an absolute joke at this point. Ebay management has a lot to answer for in this respect.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Ebay management has a lot to answer for in this respect.

I agree.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply