Should i used my local canada french (quebec) ebay? Any advantage compare to canada

I have been using Canada eBay english for sometime now, I am now thinking of transferring to Canada french (Quebec) because its subtitle is free. I Don't think there any other saving that I will profit from.

Also will local eBay, help make me more visible or less to Canada and U.S. Do Quebec have a disadvantage or advantage in eBay update vs Canada. Special offer, lower price. More visibility. Just looking all they angle

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Should i used my local canada french (quebec) ebay? Any advantage compare to canada

@alary_sport wrote:

I have been using Canada eBay english for sometime now, I am now thinking of transferring to Canada french (Quebec) because its subtitle is free. I Don't think there any other saving that I will profit from. ...

The free subtitle is the main benefit.  I use it for long French/English titles. Not aware of any other benefit.

Software updates for cafr.ebay.ca are behind ebay.ca which are behind ebay.com

Same for problem fixes.

-..-

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: Should i used my local canada french (quebec) ebay? Any advantage compare to canada

Also, i call tech support 5 times and there knowledge is poorly lacking in this departement. Its like there don't want to speak about it. Feel like speaking to someone who don't know how to start there computer.

Sir...Have you try the big red button thats say start computer?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I NEED A BIG 'START COMPUTER ' BUTTON!!

I believe another advantage of the QC site is that you get yet another 50 Free Listings.

Giving you 50 on dotCOM , 50 on dotCA and 50on dot CAFR.

You can list on dotCAFR in English or in French.  (Or German or Swahili. Not all your customers will like it.)

Listings on dotCAFR are usually seen on dotFR, the French site, so be sure you know your shipping rates to Europe.

If you have shipping to the USA given, your dotCAFR listings will be seen on dotCOM, with the price in Search in USD. The actual listing will show both USD and loonies as the price. Similarly with dotFR, your price will be seen in euros and loonies.

The biggest proponent of dotCAFR was now retired @pierrelebel .

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I believe another advantage of the QC site is that you get yet another 50 Free Listings.

Giving you 50 on dotCOM , 50 on dotCA and 50on dot CAFR.

Nope.  Only 50 free on cafr.ebay.CA and ebay.CA combined (they are both counted as dotCA).

-..-

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for clarifying that detail... I was trying to find the free listings on the French site and wasn't seeing it.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Nope.  Only 50 free on cafr.ebay.CA and ebay.CA combined (they are both counted as dotCA).

-..-

Thanks for the clarification. Glad I wasn't missing out on it. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

One poster here who lists on the French site has had some problems with calculated shipping.  I don’t think that it has been confirmed as a problem with that particular site but it is a possibility as some of the problems he has seem to be unique to his listings.  But you could try a couple of listings with calculated shipping and see how it works out for you. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I have been using the french and english version for some time now, buts its a inconvenience using the 2 together.
From my point of view, I don't see better sell if I am in the french version. Having the free subtitle is a good thing, but for me it not good enuff to transfer my huge active list one by one, from english to french.
Maybe, if i knew or told me that there was a different algorithm for the french version for better visibility... i would be all over the the french version like a fly on poop
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

There is no need to transfer.

Just as many sellers list on multiple national sites (dotCA and dotCOM, some on dotUK or dotFR) and even have bank accounts in those currencies, you could add new listings to the QC site which you think may be more attractive to QC customers.

Your QC listings would still appear on dotCA. I believe they also appear on dotFR, from what others have said in the past.

Another question-- since you are an official dealer, you must have multiples of many of your items. Could you list on both sites without running into warnings about duplicate listings?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

From what i can tell, using to french eBay and english eBay of the same product can be done, especially useful if i add it in french. If i leave it in english, I Don't know if i will receive a warning even if i change the title name, but this is a gray area that i don't have complete knowledge yet. 

Also, I don't see why adding to Qc will attract more locals (english) compare to Canada eBay english. If EBay search for postal code for the seller who search for locals they still see who is close to them. Is there a god postal code that i not aware of? i would say i am local everywhere ^_^

do think adding it in french and english may be good, wound be nice there would be a software that wound remove duplicate when sold for fewer human errors.  

I don't know why i did not think about this already, adding everything in french sound promising. Wound need to figure out how to do it properly. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply