Signed Up For Managed Payments But They Say Information Not Correct

So I had to sign up for the Managed Payments by the end of this month. So did it yesterday. Now they say the information is not correct.  First of all they don't have my bank listed to choose from & all my bank accounts are jointly shared with my husband.  How do I contact the correct people to resolve this? Is there a dedicated line for this? I don't want to phone up CS & just get some random person to help me with sensitive banking information. Maybe Tyler can help.

tyler@ebay

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

So typical...this issue/problem was posted over and over again on the .COM boards by numerous MP enrollees...

Apparently there is a "My bank is not listed" option

and to resolve any problems with signing up with MP, you will be referred to the "request a call back" as no one but the MP team is allowed to "help" or give out the "secretive information"

eBay simply has no clue how to roll out this MP system without causing its sellers so much frustration and grief.

It is totally unbelievable how incompetent a company like eBay can really be with today's technology!

I shall be leaving all this ridiculous **bleep** behind in due time when I can no longer list on eBay because I refuse to sign over banking information to a company that has become so impossible to work with and there is way too much secrecy and non-transparency wrapped around this MP system.

I have chosen to make my exit  from eBay and continue selling elsewhere...

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Go to your bank and get the following..

Open an account with the name being ....exactly....  the same as the name on the eBay account.

Exact bank account number

This would help if you only have one name on eBay and exactly the same as the name on the bank account.... name spelled the same....exactly the same

You will need the Financial Institution Number

You will need a Branch Transit Number     

You will need a bank document ... That shows all of this information...

(1) Bank name and bank logo

(2) Bank account number

(3) Financial Institution number

(4) Branch Transit number

I was able to scan the bank document and send a copy to eBay.

A Photographs of this document should be acceptable.

Your bank should be able to provide all of this information on a single page document

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

I was talking with my bank on the phone yesterday & got all the relevant information. I even sent a picture of a voided cheque to eBay. But like I said my husband & I have joint accounts. So maybe they want me to have a seperate one with just my name. They are making so much work for me. I don't have time to keep running back & forth to the bank.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Providing the exact information as indicated by me is required...  

The requirement for your SIN ... Social Insurance Number .....is optional

-----------------------------------------------

I was fully activated to use Managed Payment on August 10..

No problem..... Everything is fully functional.....today

------------------------------------------------

If you have a question contact a Managed Payments person  from a Managed Payments information page.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

I've also heard that the name does have to be the same on the bank account and ebay account so you may have to open an account in your name only.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Do not hesitate..... Do not get frustrated...... Just... Do It

You will need that bank document... something that only the bank could provide

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Your name is what links your eBay account to your bank account.

This is why the name must be the same... exactly the same ... on both accounts.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

I say it's spinach and I say to hell with it.

Until eBay figures out how to accept my American bank account and my multiple Canadian bank accounts, they can leave me in Paypal.

FWIW @2nd-time-around-jewelry   eBay has accepted me into Managed Payments AND told me my bank information is incorrect AND has not activated the Managed Payment processing system. It's been about two months.

If they want me, they can figure out how to read Canadian bank documents.

spinach_p323.jpg

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

So I had to sign up for the Managed Payments by the end of this month. So did it yesterday. Now they say the information is not correct.  First of all they don't have my bank listed to choose from & all my bank accounts are jointly shared with my husband.  How do I contact the correct people to resolve this? Is there a dedicated line for this? I don't want to phone up CS & just get some random person to help me with sensitive banking information. Maybe Tyler can help.

tyler@ebay

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry - required disclaimers first: 

----

As someone who is not an expert on managed payments I may not be able to address your question in its entirety. If you have been notified to register for managed payments you are able to request a call back from a payments-trained teammate by accessing any of the Help Pages related to payments and using the 'Have us call you' feature at the bottom of the page.

The information provided is accurate as of today's date (August 28 2020) but may become outdated in the future. If you are reading this at a later date please consider checking the Help Pages or request a call back from a managed payments teammate who can provide the most up to date information.

-----

Okay, with that out of the way, I can address a few pieces of your question. 

You are able to use a joint bank account with managed payments as long as your name is on the bank account. If there are any troubles with it we may ask you to provide more information. You'll also want to make sure that your name on the account matches (exactly) the name on your bank account. 

The best way to get assistance is to request a call back from a payments-trained teammate. You can do that by going to a payments help page and using the links at the bottom to get in touch with them. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

and what a joke MP is for CDN sellers!

Etsy was able to get it all right and make it a smooth transition for its sellers 3 years ago,  but all eBay can do with its secrecy and non-transparency is give this as a resolve:

"...The best way to get assistance is to request a call back from a payments-trained teammate. You can do that by going to a payments help page and using the links at the bottom to get in touch with them..."

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Just an update. Went to the bank on Friday & had all the information put on one document. They printed me off a hard copy & also sent me an e-mail with attachment. Sent that to eBay & it was verified to be correct today. Thanks cumos55 for the input. Printed up the page you listed here to take with me.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to agree with you, this is amounting to a ridiculous amount of work and I'm NOT selling as a business, just getting rid of personal things I no longer need or want.

I keep getting emails telling me to sign up for this so today was the day I thought...not only do they want a bank account linked, but they say it MUST be a chequing account. I'd like to know why and what difference it makes. I'm not opening up a bank account just for this!

I too went through all the steps - first it refused the institution #, then it told me my info was incorrect and when I hit the cancel button the next screen congratulated me for setting up managed payments - except that's not the case since they refused the bank account info I entered! I'm quite sure it was refused because it was a savings account. I made no mistakes, I printed the sheet directly from the account which the bank produces just for these instances.

I was going to delete what little I have listed for fear someone buys and now there is no where for the money to go. Sure glad they 'invited' me to join when they did, it made me sit on all the new items to add until I understood the changes they are making. At this point I've decided I'll be adding nothing and removing instead.

Why can't we choose to stay with paypal if we want to? I'm quite happy with the 2 systems (ebay & paypal) work fine for me. Shippo is a ripoff and I'll never deal there again that's for sure - once was all it took for me. What works for some does not work for others and that pretty much applies to everything.
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

I would think that it has to be a chequing account because you are giving eBay/MP permission to remove money from the account, for monthly Store fees and refunds at a guess.

It has been suggested that we open online chequing accounts with banks like Tangerine which are unrelated to our daily use.

I've been holding out on MP for a few months now.

You can continue to ship with your preferred agent. I dislike Shippo as well but I'm an outlier because I use postage stamps to mail my packages, getting the PO clerk to add the barcode label for tracking.
SnapShip is Canada Post and of course, Paypal.

However, with PP disentangled from eBay, in future you will have to add the customer's address manually, rather than from the PP payment.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply

BTW, other posters have mentioned that they use MP/ Ayden as payment processor for their etsy sales.

Apparently Ayden handles payment processing for dozens of other online sales venues.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

BTW, other posters have mentioned that they use MP/ Ayden as payment processor for their etsy sales.

Apparently Ayden handles payment processing for dozens of other online sales venues.

In the past with PayPal you were required to have some sort of a backup source for "funding shortfalls". Like a credit card or bank account. Is this also the case with MP?

With MP and directly using a bank account....Hmmm? Not enough funds in your bank account. Should you expect a visit from Big Eddie at 2 in the morning? grimacing

-Lotz

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@reallynicestamps wrote:

In the past with PayPal you were required to have some sort of a backup source for "funding shortfalls". Like a credit card or bank account. Is this also the case with MP?

With MP and directly using a bank account....Hmmm? Not enough funds in your bank account. Should you expect a visit from Big Eddie at 2 in the morning? grimacing

-Lotz

Backup funding source.......

You can choose between PayPal, Credit Card, Debit Card, Bank Chequing Account or maybe nothing at all since my backup funding source is blank.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

The most important thing with Managed Payments is your name.

Your name must be the same with your account on eBay as with your bank account used for Managed Payments.

Your name must be spelled the same ---  

first name-last name

first name-middle name-last name

first name-middle initial-last name.

I also suspect that the spacing between the parts of your name should also be the same on eBay as your bank account... perhaps also the presence of periods

Your name is how eBay is linked to your bank account.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Why is  it  easy to sign up to Pay Pal ?

Message 20 of 21
latest reply