Since Canada Post strike issue i had noticed that my shipping time went down .

Since Canada Post strike issue i had noticed that my shipping time went down .Should i call eBay.I never had a issue like this and is damage my seller dash board.And there is another issue that i have .Since June i must have Silver seller level .3 weeks ago i contacted eBay and they said that there was a glitch in the system and will show up within 48 hours.Well we passed the evaluation for July and still there isnt any updates.I will really appreciate your help and advice. Thank you

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@fashionoutletdeal wrote:

Since Canada Post strike issue i had noticed that my shipping time went down .Should i call eBay.I never had a issue like this and is damage my seller dash board.And there is another issue that i have .Since June i must have Silver seller level .3 weeks ago i contacted eBay and they said that there was a glitch in the system and will show up within 48 hours.Well we passed the evaluation for July and still there isnt any updates.I will really appreciate your help and advice. Thank you

Are you saying that your late shipment rate has gone up?  If so, have you checked to see which transactions were counted as late to see which ones they are if they actually were late?

The only difference between bronze and silver power seller is the number of transactiona and dollar value of items sold, there are no special benefits. Does your dashboard say that you are a silent?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

yes by the eBay statistics my late  shipping rate has gone to 0.11%.Because of an item that was shipped within 24 hours but ebay considered for late shipping.Was shipped to North Territories which make me be on the other side.

Second i had a claim that ebay close in favor of the customer  and refund the customer without me having the item.In this case i got an  honest customer who after a month offered me to re pay the handbag because she like it. So this count for defect.Plus i got scammed and ebay didnt help me even i had approved the return .The customer never communicated with me or answer my emails .I had called ebay to asked them for help in the end they just turn their back on me  even tho they see all the messages between me and the customer before the item was sold .Im Perfectionist and like things to be done exact.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

If you had delivery confirmation on the package and it was scanned for the first time within your handling time or if it was shown as being delivered before the last estimated delivery date then you should phone eBay and ask them to look at the tracking inf and to take off the late shipment mark.

If there isn't tracking on the package and the buyer said that the item arrived after that date there probably isn't a lot that you can do although you can try to get them to remove it.  I realize that eBay said they remove strikes due to the strike but there hasn't been a strike or work slow down so they eBay may not be able to help you.

With not as described claims it's rarely a good idea to call eBay and get them involved as in most cases they will rule in the buyers favor and you will get a defect.  

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

There are some CP business practices that aren't public knowledge or that they advertise publically. My son lives in NT and a few times he has forgotten things here (Ont.) which I have had to ship back to him, in one instance his cell phone (which also had all his business stuff on it) CP doesn't guarantee timed delivery north of Edmonton. Sorry that won't help you with ebay as CP doesn't publically admit it. Instead, if you have tracking and the item doesn't arrive in the estimated time, you can get your postage $$ back after jumping through various hoops, again this doesn't really help you with ebay or your customers happiness.

With the whole CP/shipping issues within Canada, I feel that if the seller scans their CP receipt to the buyer and ebay as proof of shipping on time that should be satisfactory. Point being, I have "proven" that I have "shipped" within the stated time. I still have trouble wrapping my head around the fact that I am not an employee of CP but have the responsibility of the efficiency or lack of, of the whole CP corporation in mail delivery. It is so rediculous some days I laugh about it other days I just shake my head and really .....

I know many Canadian sellers are **bleep** about the whole currency fiasco but you can work around it, there is no work around that I can see of this shipping nightmare, but to pray each time you ship.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

"With the whole CP/shipping issues within Canada, I feel that if the seller scans their CP receipt to the buyer and ebay as proof of shipping on time that should be satisfactory. Point being, I have "proven" that I have "shipped" within the stated time."

----------

That receipt you scan only proves that you purchased postage. It does not prove that you actually shipped an item.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

That is correct if you are purchasing stamps. When you take a package in, they weigh it etc. and put the postage "label" on, everything is on the receipt: date, time, postal outlet, weight, "destination". Once they put the postage label on the package it its literally against the law for the postal outlet to give you the package back to take home to think about shipping it. It is now CP responsibility to get it into the system and forward. To make a CP claim you need that receipt which gives them the info they need to investigate.

There are certain things such as this that it is a case of ebay "won't do" not "can't do" ie ebay wouldn't be making the "extra $$" on the extra cost for tracked or express. Remember ebay is concerned about every extra they can wring out of the seller.

I don't print postage online so I don't know how that works, I'm only speaking of when you go into the postal outlet.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

"With the whole CP/shipping issues within Canada, I feel that if the seller scans their CP receipt to the buyer and ebay as proof of shipping on time that should be satisfactory. Point being, I have "proven" that I have "shipped" within the stated time."

----------

That receipt you scan only proves that you purchased postage. It does not prove that you actually shipped an item.

Rather than call it a Canada Post receipt call it a Canada Post originate scan -- which does means that something has actually entered the postal system.

-..-

I buy Small Packet International shipping on-line, but I always get an originate scan receipt when I drop it off at the postal outlet to prove to the buyer (if needed) that it got mailed.

-..-

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

"Once they put the postage label on the package it its literally against the law for the postal outlet to give you the package back to take home to think about shipping it."

----------

I work for Canada Post and have never been told this. Interesting. Do you have a source? I'm not saying you're wrong, I may just be misinformed. Of course, I've never had anyone request their parcel back after purchasing postage, so I can't say the situation has ever come up. But for non-insured, non-guaranteed, non-tracked delivery shipping methods, I can't see what the issue would be in asking for your item back and depositing it in the mail stream at a later date.

In any case, providing a digital scan of a receipt means nothing. I can edit a photo with free online software to change the date or information on that receipt to whatever I wish. For services without tracked barcode scanning, there is literally nothing available to prove that the scanned receipt I am providing is genuine. Calling it an "originate scan" doesn't change anything - nothing is actually scanned, as there is no trackable information created.

The only thing that could prove your receipt is genuine is if Canada Post somehow made it possible for third parties to have access to their online records; any receipt that prints out at a retail location does have a barcode on the bottom that when scanned into the RPOS system will directly match up to the transaction in the computer (used for returns and such). This will never happen though.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I have had a situation where a problem buyer purchased 2 items.

Item one's payment failed, item 2 was still en-route.

I tried mightily to get them to hold the second item, not deliver and let me pick it up (it was worth several hundred dollars, as was the first item).

I spoke to the 1-800 people, who advised the same thing, once it was in the postal stream nobody but the recipient can get it. (ie the sender can't ask for it back). I tried through my local PM to see if they could get something done behind the scenes as well, they weren't able either. (I did lose the second lot  payment too..... over $700 US in total lost between the two lots, one paypal covered, the other they didnt)

Having said this I would put money on the fact that in small community postal outlets the PM would let folks get the item back if the sender realized there was a problem before it left their local office. Probably not so in larger centres as there wouldn't be as much a likelihood that the postal folks knew the sender.....

Message 10 of 10
latest reply