Small Packet - Air No tracking ? Will the delivery be noticed ?

Hi! 

I'm still new to using ebay Shipping Label 

All of my items show that the package has been accepted at my shipping carrier

but this one "Small Packet - Air" to USA do not appear at all 

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/track-reperage/en#/search?searchFor=236271653651384156

Will that be a problem to receive my on hold payment, waiting to be delivered? 

Will ebay know that the item has been delivered? 

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Small Packet - Air No tracking ? Will the delivery be noticed ?

phc64
Community Member

"Small Packet - Air"  does not come with tracking. I make about 90% of my shipments without tracking. It should not affect the 'hold' status of the payment.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

phc64
Community Member

"Small Packet - Air"  does not come with tracking. I make about 90% of my shipments without tracking. It should not affect the 'hold' status of the payment.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You can enter the PO receipt number, which is just a bookkeeping thing for Canada Post, as tracking.

Sometimes USPS does treat it that way.

But in terms of actual delivery, no problem. The postal system is actually quite good at its job.

And possibly sketchey buyers think the bar code on the label or on your page is tracking and don't try to get clever.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

That number that you entered is a transaction number that ebay enters when you purchase a small tracket label.  I have no idea why they suggest that it is a tracking number. It is quite frustrating.

But small packet USA does have unofficial tracking in some cases.   Underneath the scan code is a number starting with UR and if you enter that number on the transaction on ebay it often updates where the package is but not until it enters the US.  That 'tracking' information is available only on eBay and isn't guaranteed to show up although it often does show.

Since ebay enters that transaction number under tracking and it can't be deleted, you have to enter the UR number under 'additional tracking'.  Click on edit next to the 'tracking' that ebay entered and then on add additional tracking.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

If you are getting more than one percent of your sales Disputed as Not Received, that's time to worry about tracking, which is the only proof of delivery eBay will accept.

We don't need to track anything much to achieve Top Rated Seller (Global) status, for what little it's worth.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

That number that you entered is a transaction number that ebay enters when you purchase a small tracket label.  I have no idea why they suggest that it is a tracking number. It is quite frustrating.

But small packet USA does have unofficial tracking in some cases.   Underneath the scan code is a number starting with UR and if you enter that number on the transaction on ebay it often updates where the package is but not until it enters the US.  That 'tracking' information is available only on eBay and isn't guaranteed to show up although it often does show.

Since ebay enters that transaction number under tracking and it can't be deleted, you have to enter the UR number under 'additional tracking'.  Click on edit next to the 'tracking' that ebay entered and then on add additional tracking.

I entered the "UR" # and now it says "Multiple Shipments" even though it is 1 package. It did the same thing with another USA buyer Small Packet Air label for 1 package as well. Hopefully it doesn't confused the buyers. I did notice the first # that we can't change says "Canada Post" as carrier and when I entered the "UR" # it automatically showed USPS as carrier. Has anyone had any confused buyers when doing this? I don't see any posts so I assume it hasn't caused any issues.

Multiple-Shipments-when-add-tracking.jpg

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

have not had any buyers question the" tracking" and/or make any reference to the "tracking" numbers or "multiple" shipments,etc...but I am always happy when I see the USA tracking details and then the "Delivered" date whenever I check the status.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

If you are getting more than one percent of your sales Disputed as Not Received, that's time to worry about tracking, which is the only proof of delivery eBay will accept.

We don't need to track anything much to achieve Top Rated Seller (Global) status, for what little it's worth.

Some buyers like tracking their package for various reasons. This UR # tip can help ease some buyer minds that constantly check tracking for whatever reason as it will at least show that it is in USA and on it's way.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Oh perfect. So it shows "Delivered Date" too? I guess only if the driver decides to scan when delivering?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@dreammotion wrote:

Hi! 

I'm still new to using ebay Shipping Label 

All of my items show that the package has been accepted at my shipping carrier

but this one "Small Packet - Air" to USA do not appear at all 

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/track-reperage/en#/search?searchFor=236271653651384156

Will that be a problem to receive my on hold payment, waiting to be delivered? 

Will ebay know that the item has been delivered? 

Thank you! 

@dreammotion 

eBay Labels ports a reference number. If you use Shippo/PayPal/CP to generate your labels you can manually enter the UR number but it needs to be done ASAP and will only display using eBay's tracking link. By using eBay Labels and attempting to use the UR number you are overwriting the original information ported over causing the multiple tracking number issue. If you update the tracking (UR#) with a delay the system "assumes" the shipment was processed later than the actual date. (Can potentially cause a late strike which 'can' be removed by eBay CS).  Discovered this by correcting a tracking number with a typo. In my particular situation the tracking no longer updated in eBay. The late manually entering tracking is a known glitch in eBay's software.

For my situation, shipping from Calgary, the first tracking detail that displays is label created. 2nd can be either shipment ORIGIN POST IS PREPARING SHIPMENT or Item has arrived at LAX (often 3 to 5 days later). Shipment is then processed and forwarded to the destination. Results may vary based on your location.

3 Month report for UR shipments to USA

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1656525662469.png

-Lotz

PS. As a side if you are a new seller there will most likely be holds on funds until either tracking shows delivery OR buyer has left feedback. (Buyers leaving feedback are entirely hit or miss. Tracked services are best used for items of higher value but can cause issues with newer sellers. Sell these items with caution. Results can vary as to length of time before releases are routine. (Advised of this by another new seller with their situation.)

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

mine have always showed the "Delivery" status in the "tracking" and when I check "manage all orders" here on eBay, any of those Small Packet orders that have been successfully delivered, shows "Delivered" on the status of the order as well.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

it's cheaper, objects under $50 can be sent via this way since a loss is affordable.  It can (because of cost) tip the sales balance in your favour.  Ebayers should always remember, shipping costs are deadly, especially when you have Amazon shipping most things still for free.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply