Snap Ship

Today I was unable to get Paypal to print a shipping label - after shutting down & trying 2 browsers, I gave up.

I went to Canada Post website - they have (new to me) Snap Ship with a promo extra discount when you use it, until July.

An expedited parcel to the US which was going to be $23.55 on Paypal - cost me $21.91 on CP Snap Ship.

Plus - bonus - it worked on my iMac just fine which the CP EST often doesn't.  So, quite glad Paypal didn't work today.

If this is old news to everyone (I'm often the last to know stuff) I'm sorry - thought I would let people know about this rare CP savings.

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: Snap Ship

fvghn
Community Member

Used snap ship for the 1st time because PP shipping down. Time consuming to enter shipping details and you need to enter credit card info but i do like that the shipping cost does not go on the label.  Like many others i will eventually be forced to use shippo but am worried about glitches.

Message 61 of 73
latest reply

lca3076
Community Member
Now that the promo is gone... where can we use to ship cheaper 😞 Shippo still seems to be down!
Message 62 of 73
latest reply

I think paypal is more user friendly than shippo and i believe the rates are the same as shippo / Cda post;  no more Cda Post discounts anymore : (

Message 63 of 73
latest reply

For most of us, Shippo should be less expensive than paypal now for most or all services.

Message 64 of 73
latest reply

@ez2curgr8 wrote:

I think paypal is more user friendly than shippo and i believe the rates are the same as shippo / Cda post

PayPal is more user friendly.  But rate discounts are not the same as Shippo for some CP parcel services.

PayPal is now the same as whatever discount your Canada Post Solutions for Small Business discount rate.

eBay discounts through Shippo are bigger for

Expedited Parcel (Canada),

Tracked Packet (USA), Expedited Parcel (USA), USA Small Packet

and International Small Packet (air)

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/July-rates-eBay-Shippo-vs-Canada-Post-Snap-Ship-vs-PayPal...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Shipping-in-Canada-eBay-Shippo-vs-Snap-Ship-vs-PayPal/m-p...

-..-

Message 65 of 73
latest reply

Just used shippo for the 1st time since Cda Post Snap Ship is no longer offering discounted rates; agree with U that rates are better except I don't know why when it's your own packaging Shippo still asks for measurements.  Cda Post does not require the this for envelopes at least...

thank you

Message 66 of 73
latest reply

so has anyone noticed that the shipping label is dropping the tarriff code(s) when shipping to the US from Cda?! Wow one would think they would have tested this out beforehand...I already sent out 2 pkgs but just noticed...hope they don't get returned

Also i can't believe how small the unadjustable font size is on the label; any carrier over the age of 50 would have difficulty reading the wee print; it was the same if  you purchased the label via paypal or Cda Post; there is not setting whatsoever for me to make this BIGGER...

Message 67 of 73
latest reply

Other than initially when we were forced to do so, I have not used tarriff or HS codes for at least 2 years...

When printing shipping labels, was able to adjust the print size slightly by making adjustments through my printer. Sometimes it also means using "landscape" mode instead of "portrait",etc....

Message 68 of 73
latest reply

Are you printing in portrait or landscape mode?  Landscape should give you a readable label with a scanable barcode.  Portrait gives you neither with Shippo labels.  I printed a label today and the HS Code was not dropped.  I just reprinted a copy to confirm this.  You can go back into your Shippo history and view previously printed labels, and you can reprint them.  Are you saying that the HS code is missing when you view the label prior to printing, or is it left off when you actually print the label?

Message 69 of 73
latest reply

i only have the option to print in portrait mode from shippo; others avail are even smaller but landscape is not avail; the HSS code is definitely missing so i had to hand write them in. It's strange it's not happening to you.  I gather  you are in Cda as well?

thanks

Message 70 of 73
latest reply

@ez2curgr8 wrote:

so has anyone noticed that the shipping label is dropping the tarriff code(s) when shipping to the US from Cda?! Wow one would think they would have tested this out beforehand...I already sent out 2 pkgs but just noticed...hope they don't get returned

Unless the value is over $800 to the USA (their duty free limit) very unlikely it will be bounced back to you.

I use a yellow highlighter to mark the destination address -- since it tends to be small. I figure posties need all the help they can get when delivering to the correct address.

-..-

Message 71 of 73
latest reply

OK so my bad as I was putting the tariff code in the SKU area so solved .. duh : (

Message 72 of 73
latest reply

Portrait and landscape options are on your computer/printer, not something available from Shippo.  Look up your printer manual - if you don't have a physical copy, it should be available online.  On my system, whenever I print anything, a pop-up menu appears which has, among things such as the size of paper, number of copies, and which pages to print, an area with icons for print orientation and scale.  I simply click on the icon for either portrait or landscape and with landscape I leave the scale at 100%, which produces a nicely sized and readable Shippo shipping label.

Message 73 of 73
latest reply