So I got my first neutral feedback ever...and it makes no sense.

Nearly 3 months after the item has been sold, the buyer left me this feedback:

"Jacket smelled of cigarettes and seller did not answer any of three messages."

I never saw those 3 messages and they are not in my inbox. I do not smoke or let people smoke in my house. I'm pretty sure none of my clothes smell of cigarettes or I would throw them in the garbage myself.

I sent a message to the buyer, I really hope this feedback was left by mistake and meant for another seller!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

That's very annoying, but feedback can only be left for up to 2 months from the purchase date.

Buyers do leave feedback in error and hopefully it was meant for a different seller and transaction. 

See if you get a response to the message you sent to the buyer. You can also reply to the feedback, but respond in a calm and factual way.... "I never heard back from the buyer. The jacket comes from a smoke free home".  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The buyer responded. The messages I never saw were from before selling jacket, that's why I can't find them.

As for the cigarettes smell, I have no explanation except that it must have happened after I sent it.

Is it possible the parcel was left in a truck or location during transit where there was heavy smoking? I used Canada Post - USPS.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Is it possible the parcel was left in a truck or location during transit where there was heavy smoking? I used Canada Post - USPS.

Canada Post ? Not too likely. I've actually never seen anyone in a CPO uniform smoking. Even outside the Ottawa Terminal on my visits there. But of course, always possible. The smoker would have to be on the first leg from your postbox/PO to the terminal though, because those are the trucks with the open backs. After that shipments would be in closed containers and of course there is no smoking allowed in the workplace.

USPS?-  There are constant reports on dotCOM about this, and that the carriers keep their trucks closed (air conditioned?) making a hot box for tobacco smoke as they drive their delivery routes. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply