Store fee irregularities in reports over renewal month

This is not news to regular readers here that the store fees billing is irregular around the renewal month there have been threads before about this. I noticed something today though about this that explains some bank balancing problems I've had in the past.

My store renews on June 1.

Accidentally I noticed that the May store fee was taken out, June hasn't been yet, I think it probably won't come out till July if I recall properly. 

Depending on how one uses the Financial and Tax reports in one's accounting it is important to know the following (this is what happened to me in 2022, it is on course to do the same this year)

Renewal Month is June (1) below is 2022 and 2023 so far: 

Actually Paid     Financial Report              Tax Report                

May          1 Store Fee         1 Store Fee                      No Store Fee

June         No Store Fee*   No Store Fee                  2 Store Fees

July           2 Store Fees*     2 Store Fees                   1 Store Fee

* I have not confirmed this for sure, that is my recollection of when the $$$ came out last year. 

The reason I mention this is that I use both these reports for my book keeping and the tax report being out of synch with reality means there's a +/- of the store fee (to me) for both May and June "bank account balancing". (Keeping in mind that I've got an anchor store so there's $475ish +/-ing here)

I'll try to remember to keep this updated as reality passes in June and July.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Thirty days hath September

April, June, and November.

When short February's done.

All the rest have thirty one.

Is there a correlation?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I never check reports but they clearly have glitchs with their subscriptions. I now have a yearly subscription but i remember when i tested the store feature for the first time, i took a monthly one. At the end when i cancelled, they charged me twice. Basically they charged me for one additional month, but stopped my subscription (removed features). I contacted the support and they refunded me. Was scary to see how they can rip us off if we do not give attention on what they take in our pockets, and how their automated system can be broken. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Thirty days hath September

April, June, and November.

When short February's done.

All the rest have thirty one.

Is there a correlation?

@femmefan1946 

@ricarmic 

My guess would be "February" mucks things up within eBay. I have my payouts scheduled for the 1st Tuesday of the month. Since March  the system shows payouts to be processed on the ;Monday but in actuality they did get processed on Tuesday. Kinda like...Surprise!! Tricked you!!;

Unfortunately as others have noted there is no advanced warning for store fees. It just happens. Entirely up to the seller to remember year to year. Those charges have always been "messy". My store fees mine renewed May 3 for May 1 in the dark of night as follows:

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1686071377542.png

2022 looks similar.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

My renewal experience was different, I got TWO advance notifications (messages one a month and one a week before? I don't remember timing for sure) as well as the notification the day it happened. I did get advanced notifications last year as well.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply