Surprise, eBay charge commission for those items not sell it.

I just notice now, option Reserve price listen fee. It not free. Pathetic! I am deaf and nonverbal and without support. Is hard to complain with eBay. I never notice this option Reserve Not Met cost fee. Because regular ad is free until you really sell your item and eBay charge commission. I agree. But this time they charge me events no sell my item because this time I chose option Reserve Not Met. Can I request to reimburse credit to me?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Hello,

The reserve price is considered one of our optional listing upgrade features. It does carry a charge, as the "(fees may apply)" and info box beside the option in the listing flow indicates.

Optional listing upgrade features are different from promoted listings, which are the ads that only charge a fee if your item sells via one of the ads.

Reserve fees are most useful for extremely high-price items that are likely to be bid up by a very high amount. Optional listing upgrade features are generally non-refundable, whether your item sells or not. Personally, I choose not to use reserve price when I create auction listings, and will simply set the starting auction bid for the absolute lowest price I am willing to let the item go for.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

I accidentally set minimum price Reserve Not Met all item publish in ebay. Now they charge 370$ . WOW!

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Did you know that when you set an opening bid that no one can bid less than that?

If your opening bid is $100, no one can bid $50. They must bid $100 or more.

Reserves are an option, but they are an expensive one.

Not only because they carry a non-refundable fee, but because customers do not like them and will not bid on auctions with Reserves.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

As a low feedback seller, please be careful about listing high value products, especially those (like your iMac) which are in high fraud categories.

I am happy to see that you will only ship it to Canada. This is safest for you.

Please come to the Boards when you have a problem. Your fellow sellers will be happy to help you. Or tell you when you are making a mistake-- probably one we made first.

BTW- since you know how much you want for the laptop, why not sell it as Fixed Price/Immediate Payment Required?

The listing fee would be zero, since you have up to 50 Free Listings each month.

The listing will last for 30 days, not seven.

The Final Value Fee would be 10% of the actual price.

The listing would stay open until someone actually pays for it.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

I am deaf and nonverbal

But you can read and the fees are all detailed on the fee pages.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Now what can I do?

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Now what can I do?

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Contact optionsGet Contact Help
Call us
Estimated wait time: 1 minute

Here's our phone number: 866-278-1053

Use this one-time passcode: 9439420

This passcode will identify you when you call so we can provide faster service.

Open 24 X 7

If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech-impaired, we invite you to contact us through an IP-Relay service

WOW! VERY INTERESTING FOR ME.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech-impaired, we invite you to contact us through an IP-Relay service

Is this available to you?

It is a good idea to use that service during business hours (9-5) and on business days (Monday to Friday).

Otherwise you may get an offshore representative, and they seem to have less autonomy to help you.

And often are working in their second language.

Keep us posted.

Your experiences may help a future member with similar problems.

We're all in this together-- Red Green

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Even if other people aren't 'deaf and non-verbal', you've been provided multiple times with contact methods that don't involve telephones."

This is a big problem in my new life. Amazon, and some company have technics support chat. But ebay, facebook v.v. . Some company don't have chat with support technics but have email address for help contact department. help@xxxx.com. Easy for me, no TTY phone and live in nursing home. Nurse no time help personal web problem.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I never notice this option Reserve Not Met cost fee. Because regular ad is free until you really sell your item and eBay charge commission. I agree. But this time they charge me even no sell my item because this time I chose option Reserve Not Met. I accidentally set minimum price Reserve Not Met all items publish on eBay. Now they charge 370$ . WOW! Can I request to reimburse credit to me?

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Your listings read:  "But buyer need patient to wait 21 days before the ship to you in Canada only. After 21 days after 100% receive my fund. I afraid people fraud me. I will postage this MacBook by UPS after receive 100% my fund. I am new seller with this  "Money shown in your pending balance will be moved to your available balance within 21 days. ""

Frankly, do NOT expect to sell on eBay with that condition.  You are wasting your time and money.

Buyers buy and pay - they expect immediate shipment.  The fact you have to wait 21 days for your money is your problem, not the buyer's.

Good Luck.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Is true. 1 sell be cancel and refund the fund to buyer and ebay charge commission. Doe not make sense.
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

You have been on eBay for 14 years and selling for more than a year.

You should know the rules by now.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

14 years in ebay most time buyer. Sell on ebay since a year. This no notice chose option Reserve not met = fee.  If publish ad without Reserve not met = free ad. Now I know. Before no notice it.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Invoice here.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

BEFORE you list anything for sale on eBay, please take a few minutes to learn the fees charged by eBay to list and sell on eBay:

Start here;

https://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/insertion-fee.html#free

Then follow the links offered on the fee page, such as:

https://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/fees.html#optional

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

As I mentionned, before is free and never notice with fee is chose option Not Rerseve Met. But now how to complain and ebay can refund not intentionally this option?

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Do you have a Facebook account? If so, you can contact ebay via Facebook.

i honestly don’t know if they will refund your fees as it us up to you to know the rules but you can certainly try.  When you list it shows you the listing fee on the listing before you activate it so in the future are sure that you look at that as listing fees are usually not refundable.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply