Taxes, I can't find the eBay sales and Paypal payments before MP

I used to have a link where I could go for each month and get the eBay sales and Paypal payments, but I can't find it now. All I can get is the ones from June when I got on to Managed payments.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@triber wrote:

I used to have a link where I could go for each month and get the eBay sales and Paypal payments, but I can't find it now. All I can get is the ones from June when I got on to Managed payments.

The way you get to that information has recently changed. Procedure regarding that change is explained in link attached. In checking mine I am able to view reports back to Feb 2021 and Invoices back to Feb 2020. You can create custom reports but I believe window is smaller and displays in a csv format which to my eye doesn't resemble a standard invoice. Unsure what is still visible by checking PayPal.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/reconciling-ebay-sales-transactions-managed-p...

Hope that helps get you started to what are looking for.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

For the pre-MP period you should be able to get the same info from PayPal.

For those of use who have been in MP all year, those invoices from Jan - May went away and you need to get the data from a Transaction Report.

I do quarterly GST filing so I was fortunate to download those months while they were still there.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@triber wrote:

The way you get to that information has recently changed. Procedure regarding that change is explained in link attached. In checking mine I am able to view reports back to Feb 2021 and Invoices back to Feb 2020. You can create custom reports but I believe window is smaller and displays in a csv format which to my eye doesn't resemble a standard invoice. Unsure what is still visible by checking PayPal.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/reconciling-ebay-sales-transactions-managed-p...

Hope that helps get you started to what are looking for.

-Lotz

I tried and tried this, but couldn't get the monthly total from Jan-June for eBay or Paypal. It used to be so easy, but the link I used has disappeared.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@recped wrote:

For the pre-MP period you should be able to get the same info from PayPal.

For those of use who have been in MP all year, those invoices from Jan - May went away and you need to get the data from a Transaction Report.

I do quarterly GST filing so I was fortunate to download those months while they were still there.

I can't find any totals on Paypal.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I found the same thing, I started Managed Payments in March so any report I could find starts from April on.

I can however, still see all the itemized invoices by going under Payments page, then on the left hand side are Reports, Statements, Invoices. For invoices mine still show all the way back to January 2020!

You have to scroll way down the invoice to see all the individual transactions - item numbers, sold for amounts and fees (I guess you have to add them up manually yourself because I can't see sales totals for month but all the individual transactions are listed). I don't know if that helps!?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yes, this is what I found, I really don't want to have to add 7 months of individual transactions, there must be another way to do it. I may have to phone eBay.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Yes, if no one knows here try to contact them. You are only asking for last year, not years back you would think there should be a way. I know for a while after the Seller Hub change you could "go back to classic view" that's where I used to look but that link has been gone for a while.

I will check back in to see if you find a solution! I would like to know myself. The bright side is the fact that you had a lot of individual transactions! Better than only having a few to add up! Good luck!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Yes, this is what I found, I really don't want to have to add 7 months of individual transactions, there must be another way to do it. I may have to phone eBay.

Download a transaction report.

Open the .csv file in Excel, total the relevant columns using the "@sum" function (If you don't have Excel you can use (free) Google's Open Office).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply