Thermal Printer Canada Post and Shippo

Hello,

Curious if anyone has managed to use a thermal printer via Shippo Canada post? I have a rollo thermal printer and having difficulty making this work. I have set up the Shippo default settings to 4 x 6 thermal printer and carrier to Canada Post. All this does is compress the entire page you normally fold or cut onto a 4 x 6 label.

I have tried a work around to create and crop a shipping label PDF file. However this produces a unsatisfactory blurry grainy small hard to read print quality.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

It's probably your printer settings.....

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting on this page?

https://support.rolloprinter.com/support/home

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I use a zebra GK420d with shippo, prints 4x6 thermal labels no problem. I get a PDF in 4x6 format in Shippo when i purchase the labels. 

Also, if you have a canada post account you can order free 4x6 labels in various quantities. 

shippoo.jpg

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Ok so if anyone is considering using a Rollo thermal printer they do in fact work with Shippo and and Canada Post.

In my case I updated the Shippo settings for a thermal printer. However it is not retroactive for any previously purchased shipping labels, only new ones moving forward.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I have a Dymo 4XL and it works with Shippo. Its pretty annoying that you can't choose if you want 4x6 or full page depending on the order though. Expedited USA sucks because the 4x6 version doesn't include customs info and you need to attach a separate commercial invoice. (I think)

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I use Sejda to crop my pdf, maintains quality.  Reading the other replies to this post it appears I may not have to put up with this though (I purchase postage on Canada Post website and use a Zebra).

Ian

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Also, if you have a canada post account you can order free 4x6 labels in various quantities. 

REALLY????  Investigating now...

Ian

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I've looked into the free thermal printer labels from Canada Post they say they are for a commercial account and not small business. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Here is the link to that section of the Canada Post store, some things are free but not too useful. The lettermail template for $9.20 is pretty handy if you don't have one.

https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/mail-pack-ship/labels-stickers-pouches-and-more.jsf?execution=e1s1

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@barnfindparts wrote:

I've looked into the free thermal printer labels from Canada Post they say they are for a commercial account and not small business. 

It's simple to open a commercial account.. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Email from Canada Post

Good afternoon#

Please be advised that certain items are not available to non-contract Small Business account customers as in the above order for thermal labels. Customers have to have a valid distribution agreement to order this item. If the company ships at least 750 parcels per year, then the company would qualify for a distribution contract. Please contact sales at the following number 1-800-260-7678 to obtain a contract.#

Thanks

Sheila

Commercial Order Desk

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Think your getting side tracked, non-ebay cp account is a  separate thing but for ebay sales it uses ebays cpc discount account(only works for ebay sales). You  have to add your ebay account to shippo, add the carrier canadapost domestics.  I have one for ebay another for nonebay cp account.  The label output is whatever you tell shippo to output.. have to select 4x6 output in the shippo settings..  

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I recall it asks for an api token when you add your ebay account , generate those in shippo  under settings 'api' ,  allows shippo application to access your  ebay account..

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use a dyno I go right to the order details in ebay and hit the copy function and paste it on the label template for lettermail. Works for doing a shipping label on Canada Post too. You can click every line of the address and paste it in. Never use shippo I avoid it like a plague too many issues with pulling up wrong sale.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, if you have a canada post account you can order free 4x6 labels in various quantities

Hmm I'll be looking into this
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Point of shippo is utilizing the discount ebay has negotiated with canadapost, its a substantial savings over retail counter prices.  Ive used it for 5+ years never had a single issue aside from occasional cpc down for maintenance ... as far as I know its doesnt offer letter post/printed stamps.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

@valuestore wrote:

Think your getting side tracked, non-ebay cp account is a  separate thing but for ebay sales it uses ebays cpc discount account(only works for ebay sales). You  have to add your ebay account to shippo, add the carrier canadapost domestics.  I have one for ebay another for nonebay cp account.  The label output is whatever you tell shippo to output.. have to select 4x6 output in the shippo settings..  

I don't think that they were saying that they needed a commercial account to use Shippo, they are already set up in Shippo. They were replying to another poster's comments about getting free labels with an 'easy to get' commercial account.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply