Third-Party Asking Seller About a Recent Sale

Hello,

Just recently, I had a third-party watcher inquire about the fulfillment status of an item I sold recently. They were asking if the buyer actually paid for the item or if they cancelled. I don't want to be rude and not answer (the question doesn't seem all that malicious), however, I'd rather not discuss anything regarding a buyer of mine to anyone. Should I politely decline to answer, or is there really no harm in answering the question? 

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Third-Party Asking Seller About a Recent Sale

I don't see the harm in answering but its up to you.  Perhaps they are trying to see if the buyer cancels a lot of sales although I don't know what good the information is going to do them.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I don't think it is dangerous to respond, you aren't giving anything away about the buyer. Folks know that bidders sometimes don't pay and this particular interested party may just be sad they didn't bid more and are hoping for a hail mary.

If it were me I'd answer something like "Thank you for your note! At this point everything looks good, but if the buyer does cancel, I will be sure to send you a second chance offer!"

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

"Thank you for your interest.  I do (not) have more ...... in stock. "

The only legitimate reason for the enquiry would be to buy it. If you have one, tell her the price and that you plan to list it on (date) but you could make a private listing for her if she likes.

She has no right to your private business or that of your customers.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply