This promotion is breaking new ground.

This promotion is by invitation only and applies to the recipient; not transferable.

*TERMS AND CONDITIONS

What is the Promotion? 
Invited sellers (“Sellers”) who reduce their existing listing prices of Qualifying Items* by at least 5% or more (‘Reduced Price’) and sell their item during the Promotion Period, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein, will receive a CAD $5 coupon for each Qualifying Item that sells at the Reduced Price.

*Qualifying Items are live listings of $25 or more (USD or CAD, depending on the current listing currency) in the fixed price format on www.ebay.ca or www.ebay.com.

Who’s eligible? 
This Promotion is available to Sellers who: (i) receive an email and/or message in My eBay, and (ii) meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

When is it? 
This Promotion will begin on Friday, June 22, 2018, at 00:00:01 ET (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Saturday, June 30, 2018, at 23:59:59 ET (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings of Qualified Items on www.ebay.ca or www.ebay.com(the “Promotion Period”) that sell at the Reduced Price.

How do I earn the eBay Coupon? 
Sellers will receive a coupon valued at CAD$5 for each Qualifying Item that sells at the Reduced Price (excluding taxes, surcharges, duties and shipping fees) by Saturday, June 30, 2018. Maximum CAD $50 coupon per seller. Coupons will be awarded by July 20, 2018 upon the completion of the sale of a Qualified Item at the Reduced Price. Coupons are not transferable or combinable and subject to the terms provided in the coupon issuance.

How do I activate the Promotion? 
Sellers that have been invited to participate will automatically receive the Promotion after they update existing listings of Qualifying Items with the Reduced Price on www.ebay.ca or www.ebay.com through eBay selling tools.

Restrictions & Exclusions 
1. All listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing Policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
2. The Promotion excludes sales completed prior to the Promotion Period start date and excludes listings that are adjusted to the Reduced Price after the Promotion Period ends.
3. This Promotion is only valid for listings on www.ebay.ca or www.ebay.com.

Visit our Privacy Notice and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Copyright ©2018 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: This promotion is breaking new ground.

No idea where to find these price suggestions... not that I'm all that interested in them.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

I put 500 of my listings on sale in my store for 5% off. Will see if it generates any business. It would be great to get $5.00 back for each sale.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

I should have mentioned that the invitation arrived via the ebay messaging system. Also I thought I read something about 5.00 below suggested pricing but now I don't see that reference.

Maybe I'm missing the info, but I don't see any reference to what the coupons can be used for ... purchases?

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

So, in an effort to try and figure out how this one works I went ahead and revised an existing listing fro 49.99 down to 44.99 which is 10%.

Haven't received any notice that I'd activated the promotion. The way I read the terms the act of lowering the price should have activated the promotion. I'm confused on this one ... won't be carrying on any further until there is some clarification on the process.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Interesting promotion but says a lot that they are paying sellers to drop prices.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@hlmacdon wrote:

Interesting promotion but says a lot that they are paying sellers to drop prices.

There is only a payout if an item sells, and FVF will cover some or all of any payout.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

I put 500 of my listings on sale in my store for 5% off. Will see if it generates any business. It would be great to get $5.00 back for each sale.

I can almost guarantee we wouldn't be getting a coupon good for any purchase of our choice on eBay, let alone cash.  I expect the $5.00 coupons will cost eBay next to nothing, probably for their shipping supplies, which are already over-priced.  Maybe they should take their own advice?

I think this is laughable (if it weren't so pathetic).  Times must be tough when you have to induce your sellers into dropping prices so you can keep up the income flow.  

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

I agree this is pretty desperate on eBay's part. But I have never used the sale markdown feature in my store before so thought this was a good time to test it to see if it helps with business or not.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Yeah, I just got the free store offer for a month so I guess I'll test the markdown manager with this promotion as well
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

All of these "creative" selling offers would be wonderful if they actually applied to current listings instead of newly created listings. Waiting for an offer where seller must stand on left foot while waving right hand and  yeehawing throughout the course of the offer.

Have another unique suggestion. Lower seller fees across the board so sellers would be able to lower their prices and actually sell some items so they wouldn't end up losing any possible profit. Hey, just a thought!!! Like another president once said, "Isn't gonna happen!!!"

-CM

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Totally uninterested in this promotion.  

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

All of these "creative" selling offers would be wonderful if they actually applied to current listings instead of newly created listings. ...

This promo is for current listings that the seller reduces the price by 5%

The email I got had a bunch of suggested listings to drop 5% -- all were old product that had not sold in the last 6 months (or more).  So no reluctance knocking 5% off them even if the "reward" is really vague.

I figure eBay will be target advertising these discounted deals to potential buyers -- I've already had one email for stuff I'd looked at which now show a 5% price drop since viewed.

-..-

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Hmmmm, I got a best offer on one of my books, but the offer was submitted by my buyer BEFORE my 20% off store sale kicked in lol. I wonder if it counts towards getting that $5 coupon if I were to accept the offer now (23% off listed price so it’s reasonable for me) as my store sale just started.

i think it’s kinda cool that eBay is trying different kinds of promotion. It might not be for everybody but it’s better than nothin’. 

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Point is mute for me on this particular offer. Did not receive.

-CM

Message 15 of 21
latest reply

Does seem kind of funny that they think a 5% discount will really boost sales. Its like Facebook Marketplace suggestion of "Pro tip! Try lowering your prices!"

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

I didn't think 5% would mean much either hence I'm running my store sale at 20% lol.

The buyer I mentioned in above ended up buying the book at the listed sale price (79 cents more) instead of waiting for me to respond lol. I usually let offers sit for a day before I accept/decline. Guess I will be getting a $5 coupon for something next month!
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

@travis7s wrote:

Does seem kind of funny that they think a 5% discount will really boost sales. Its like Facebook Marketplace suggestion of "Pro tip! Try lowering your prices!"

It might if you are considering something that sells for $500 and although offered by many sellers (on or off eBay) the price doesn't vary more than a couple of dollars.

I'm thinking about two items right now that would fall in to the category, a graphics card and a camera. I'll admit 5% might not do it for me but that's because I really can't afford either even if they were 25% off. If I had the money it might be enough to get me to click the buy button because it's clear there won't be any big discounts on these items until next year when the models change.

Will 5% on a $10 vintage widget do anything? Almost certainly not but not every promo is suitable for every type of item, that doesn't make the promo stupid or useless.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Totally useless and uninteresting promotion. I wish the 3 or 4 eBay sellers that bother trying it luck.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

If ebay was matching 5% for 5% perhaps ,but losing $25 to make $5 on a $500 item... at any rate I'm trying it out of a few listings so we'll see what happens.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply