Time to cancel listings?

My one and only negative I ever received was from a US buyer when we had our last postal slowdown. Even though I explained to the guy it would take longer than usual due our strike, he kept contacting me asking where his cd was. In the end the dude left me negative feedback and said the cd skipped which was weird since it was new. Ebay did not step in and help, because of the negative feedback was not related to slow delivery. As soon I hear mention of any postal disruption I cancel all my listings instantly. It is not worth selling on Ebay when you are up against paypal delivery expectations, buyers ability to extort you with feedback, and Ebay's lack of help. I start selling again after the strike is over, but not until then, no matter how much Ebay promises to help deal with negative feedback, because they are not to be counted on when siding between a seller and buyer, the buyer always wins.

https://business.financialpost.com/news/retail-marketing/canada-post-strikes-hit-toronto-and-11-othe...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Time to cancel listings?

A seller with a store can put their store on vacation.....My store has been on vacation since September 17....

No level of frustration.... just lots of work.....  finding new inventory.... preparing new listings ... 

and relaxing .... and ... most important .....not full of anguish   with  parcels in the mail during this  rotation strike

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Time to cancel listings?

I closed my store today, I didn't want to, but it has become to risky, and it is not just the negative feedback that is a problem, it is much more having to refund buyers for items not received, I don't think eBay will cover that.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Time to cancel listings?

I do hope you added the idiot to your blocked buyer list.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Time to cancel listings?

Sellers with Stores can put their Stores On Vacation. While they will not get any fees refunded, it will cost them nothing more to re-open when the dispute is settled.

Sellers without Stores can close their listings at any time. They will not get their fees back (if they have more than the 50 lisitings they get Free), but relisting when the dispute is settled will count the relistings as new against their 50 Free

Closed listings will remain untouched on the seller's Unsold Listings page ready to relist for 60 days.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Time to cancel listings?

@triber wrote:

I closed my store today, I didn't want to, but it has become to risky, and it is not just the negative feedback that is a problem, it is much more having to refund buyers for items not received, I don't think eBay will cover that.

Hi @triber - I want to clarify that if you get an Item not Received claim CS has been instructed to allow extra time because of the delays. This would usually mean placing escalated cases on extended holds to allow for delivery. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Time to cancel listings?

Thank you tyler, I have taken my store off vacation, I was concerned about having to refund for late deliveries.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply