Tracking stuck at "Business temporarily closed; item on hold"

I ship to a company that then re-ships my packages and in the Holiday rush I didn't notice for the first time ever they closed between Christmas and New Year.

This caused 3 boxes of packages to end up with a tracking showing "Business temporarily closed; item on hold"

It has been several days the business is re-opened and the packages have been stuck like this for a week.

From searching about this online others report nothing moved a month later, I absolutely can't have that happen, what can I do to get Canada Post to pick these up out of storage and deliver them yesterday?

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Tracking stuck at "Business temporarily closed; item on hold"

You could contact the Seller (assuming they used Canada Post when mailing) and ask the Seller to give Canada Post a nudge. The Canada Post website has contact info.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Have you phoned the company and asked what is happening?

Personal contact is often more useful in getting an answer than the FAQ page on a website.

BTW Many businesses were closed on Monday which was a bank holiday. This included Canada Post.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Have you phoned the company and asked what is happening?

Personal contact is often more useful in getting an answer than the FAQ page on a website.

BTW Many businesses were closed on Monday which was a bank holiday. This included Canada Post.

By "the company" do you mean Canada Post? Yes I did call them and they said they would re-attempt delivery which I expected to be Tuesday/yesterday and they didn't. However tracking just updated to "Delivered" on all 3 boxes at the same time, this is a tremendous amount of stress off my shoulders.

BTW I am the seller.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

No I meant the reshipper which was closed over the holidays.

If they were closed Canada Post could not deliver.

They had to know that.

How did the reshipper plan to deal with all the parcels building up at their local PO?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply