Two items purchased by the same buyer was given a shipping discount by eBay and not me.

I would have given this buyer a refund which I do for combined shipping after the item has been mailed. I would have done this again if not for coming across the discount on the U.S. order details site. I have not set my eBay up for shipping discounts. The  discount left me paying more than I should have.  eBay combined it down to $12.91 U.S. which is $15.71 Canadian and I paid $16.23. A difference of $0.52.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Two items purchased by the same buyer was given a shipping discount by eBay and not me.

A difference of $0.52.

Which is 2.88 minutes of your time at the ON minimum wage of 18 cents a minute.

But still annoying.

My guess would be fluctuations in the foreign exchange rate between the time eBay set the amount and the time you printed your label.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Two items purchased by the same buyer was given a shipping discount by eBay and not me.

Was this for the 2 my little pony sets and did you use a bigger box than you had in the listing?

Since they are both on the same listing and because you have calculated shipping the calculator automatically bases the price on the weight and dimensions that you have listed. Expedited is based on dimensional weight but the calculator has no way of knowing if you are going to use a bigger box if two items are purchased.  If you did use a bigger box, that would explain the price difference. If you used the same size of box you have listed, I'm not sure why you had to pay more.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I have not come across an automatic shipping discount using the multiple item listings. But I will be watching from now on.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Not that I care, but how do you get into someone's sold page? How did you know it was the My Little Ponies?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

When you are viewing a sellers listings, there is an area on the left where you can check off show completed or sold listings.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@collectablejeff wrote:

I have not come across an automatic shipping discount using the multiple item listings. But I will be watching from now on.

Thanks.

You've added it yourself on your flat rate listings...for example the caterpillar bag listing.  On calculated listings the shipping calculator does it automatically, you don't add in an extra amount for a second or third item.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply