USPS delays and lost parcels, "inbound out of customs"

Hi everyone,

I know there are significant delays due to COVID-19 in both Canada and USA. Even during strikes, it was never this bad in terms of mail delay. Has anyone noticed that USPS is tragically unorganized and slow as of late? I called USPS twice and they told me any parcel with tracking starting with an L is not traceable in the USA which is BS since it is tracked packet and has always been traceable. I am wondering if USPS is now skipping scans due to lack of workers and so forth. Prior to this, I never had a parcel lost with USPS. Now I worry the backflow is so immense that more and more parcels will be sitting there unmoved and eventually become lost. Has anyone had issues with expedited parcels sitting in "inbound out of customs" tracking for 10+ days? Tracked packets are even worse. I am lucky to get any scans. My last tracked packet was inbound out of customs since APRIL 30th. USPS does not help, closes cases unresolved and their call center is useless. I am trying to be patient due to COVID-19 and I know USA is having major political issues surrounding that, but what are the options here? I guess I'm just trying to see if I'm not alone and venting 😞

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

USPS delays and lost parcels, "inbound out of customs"

It is happening to us all.

It is a lot easier on the nerves to not watch/check the updates.

(USPS or Canadian both have the same issues)

Stuff will be MIA for days, weeks then shows as delivered, or resumes course much farther along the path.

All sorts of weird stuff.

Generally best not to look unless a buyer asks then have something done up ahead of time, this is my "form letter" I utilize each time, it has been working well so far:

Hi! Thank you for your note! Your stamps were shipped as advised on Monday March 15th. Unfortunately COVID-19 related delays are affecting a lot of shipments. Some items move at normal speed or even more quickly, some like yours are slowed down significantly. A lot depends on which sorting centers are affected and for how long they are impacted. I am not sure how the postal distribution network is affected in your state/ local area (I am in Canada). 99% of the time parcels just take longer than they should to arrive, especially now. I would really appreciate it if you can wait another couple weeks or so before we decide the package is lost and I refund your money, but I will be ok whenever you decide. If it gets to the point that you think it has been long enough, please just open an item not received case and I will refund your money out of my own funds. Assuming the parcel does arrive after that, let me know and I’ll send another invoice so you can pay again (this is my full time job, small parcels like this are not insured so I am out 100% if they do not arrive). Thank you in advance for your continued patience and have a great day! RICARMIC (Ron)

Message 2 of 2
latest reply