USPS service instead of Canada Post from Canada to the US

I am happy to report that I will abandon Canada Post for most of my delivery starting in a few days. After searching for more than 1 year a way to get US packages cheaper and with tracking (It cost me about 17$ to get tracking on a 400 gram shirt) I have found a service provider, 5 minutes driving distance from my house on top of that, who will be offering USPS delivery service. He will have a truck that will go to the US once per day. Cost of that same shirt, with tracking, 7$. I spend about 800$ per months in delivery fees and Canada Post will loose that. I am sure they don't care but I will care to save more than 70% on each delivery!

I will keep using Canada Post for their expedited delivery service in Canada but that only counts for about 10% of my business!

Good times ahead!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@kaymar_88 wrote:

I am happy to report that I will abandon Canada Post for most of my delivery starting in a few days. After searching for more than 1 year a way to get US packages cheaper and with tracking (It cost me about 17$ to get tracking on a 400 gram shirt) I have found a service provider, 5 minutes driving distance from my house on top of that, who will be offering USPS delivery service. He will have a truck that will go to the US once per day. Cost of that same shirt, with tracking, 7$. I spend about 800$ per months in delivery fees and Canada Post will loose that. I am sure they don't care but I will care to save more than 70% on each delivery!

I will keep using Canada Post for their expedited delivery service in Canada but that only counts for about 10% of my business!

Good times ahead!

Great to hear, good for you and I am 100% sincere in that.

I dream of getting out from under the oppresive bully monopoly known as Canada Post. I hoped, after reading your post, that you might be somewhere close to me but alas you are in Quebec.

In Toronto here it appears that we only have Chit Chats Express to deal with and my own experience with them has been very much less than favorable.

Anyway, best of luck mate

Cheers,

thD

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

73rhc
Community Member

Who provides this service?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Hello,

Please provide more details. Thank you! 

A. (from Rosemont)

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I have someone that just opened a courier service store in Laval. If you guys want some details, I will be more than happy to give them to you, just send me a PM and we can discuss and I will put you in contact with him!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Please check your messages. PM sent. Thx.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Hello!

I am working on a small business plan to provide the service of driving E-Sellers products over the border and delivering to USPS, US     UPS and US FedEx, very similar to chit chat but on a much smaller, more personalized level.  I am trying to figure out if there will be a market for this.  My plan would include picking the goods up at the E-Sellers location as an option.  Would this be a good place to canvas the Ebay community to see if there is a need for this service?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

What city/area will you serve?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

What city/area will you serve?

Halton Region; Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Hamilton, Brantford, Niagara region..

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Sure wish there was someone doing this in the Newmarket or Aurora area!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Sure wish there was someone doing this in the Newmarket or Aurora area!

How far can it be from Newmarket to Markham (south end)?

30 minutes each way or....?

If you are doing enough volume, it just may be worth the trip.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply