Forum Posts

Listing in Can. $

I took advantage of the offer to list in Can. $. I have identical listings in US $. The Canadian listings have no visits, while the US are popular. Overall, after doing the math, the Canadian items are cheaper, yet, nobody is looking. So, while I app...

Tracked Packet to USA is a JOKE!!

The mail length of Tracked Packet to USA is usually about 2-3 weeks while to France it is only 3 business days!! I mailed it to France on November 2 and it arrived today (November 5)!! USPS wise up and move the items faster! It is USPS that is so slo...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

shipping a penny to us from canada

i am hoping there is a seller available to answer a question about shipping coins to the us,i have some coins mostly pennies and nickles listed,they are not valuable to any stretch of the imagination,however they are collectable.i have seen sellers s...

New Sellers Dashboad

I finally got the new Seller's Dashboard today and I was curious to see what more damage the Buyer I had problems with gave me. To my surprise I got 2 late shipment defects from Buyers I sell to allot and both gave me great feed back .I was 100 % on ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is this new?

On an email I received from a potential buyer it says. New you can now send an offer directly to the member for this item. (Learn more) and of course the link doesn't work. What does you can now send an offer directly to the member for this item mean...

eBay, Canada Post and Insanity

As anybody that has read my messages over the last few weeks know, I am about fed up with both eBay and CPC. From losing parcels, to ridiculous delivery estimate dates, to unwarranted defects, to buyers who don't seem to know what they are doing...et...

• 62 replies
  • 1 helpful

Americans saying they can't pay for item.

So I am selling headsets to USA and Canada I have shipping set to Canada and US you can even choose US . I've noticed this after the 2'nd american bought it and they are asking me for final price so they can pay because eBay is saying that I don't sh...

Sellers, Photo Uploads?

Is anyone having problems with getting photos to upload your new listings using the standard Sell Your Item (SYI) page for either Sell New or Sell Similar or Revise Listing. Seems to be hit and miss. Some will upload and some have to re-done over and...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Lettermail Shipping Times - Canada

I viewed the data made available to us this week on our Seller Dashboard related to the new on-time shipping time metric which will formally come into effect in February. I had one defect on one of my accounts, with the reason "buyer says late delive...

• 5 replies
  • 2 helpful

Seller dashboard - shipping metrics now showing

For all of you that were on the weekly chat yesterday and could not access the information on your seller dashboard recording the new shipping metrics, it is there today for me. It is an overlay when you open your dashboard.

• 5 replies
  • 2 helpful

Cannot change currency when revising an auction

Another stupid and annoying feature: suddenly eBay.ca auctions default to Canadian dollars unless you remember to reset to US $ when listing. If you happen to forget to reset when creating your listing, you cannot change this feature when revising th...

• 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

Frequent System Error Using Selling Manager Pro

For the last week or so, I have been getting this message when bulk relisting with Selling Manager Pro: "There has been a system error. Please try again later." Instead of waiting, I try again immediately and it almost always works. Is anyone else ha...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Correct way to address buyers?

I grew up in England, and when we wrote to someone, even complete strangers we always put "Dear ***". I have noticed that some of my buyers have addressed me the same way. I usually put "Hi", but I would really prefer "Dear", is that acceptable in N....

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

US Buyer trying to purchase but ebay won't allow.

Hi,In the past 2 weeks, I had about 10 clients from the US tell me they could not purchase the item because they get a message saying the seller hasn't given a shipping cost for this order.I'm checking each listing and cannot find why they cannot pur...

adwords

do any of you use google adwords to help drive sales to your listing is it helpfull in driving sales up?

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Worst weekend ever for sales.

I only sold 3 CD's over the weekend, 1 to Denmark, 1 to the UK and 1 to Germany. I guess all the US and Canadian buyers were out trick or treating. Normally I have 7 to 12 sales over the weekend and maybe only one would be international. How did you ...

Ebay's On-Hold MUZAK has got to go!

You know how that song Careless Whisper by WHAM! reminds you of the first time you made kissey-faces across the floor of a junior high dance? How Two Out of Three Aint Bad by Meatloaf that time you got caught necking in the backseat of your brother's...

• 3 replies
  • 1 helpful

item didnt arrive refund defect

Sold Aa golf shirt to a customer in Israel about a month ago and shipped by small packet air with no tracking. Item hasnt arrived and the customer wants a full refund... Fair enough. Is there a way I can do this without getting a defect?

Which shipping courier?

I have to send a 8kg. Parcel to Malta. Which courier would be the best choice?Would UPS give me a discount for purchasing the label through PayPal?What about FedEx?thanks.

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

pay pal shipping not available

anyone else in canada having a problem using pay pal shipping im in western canada,talked to 7 reps yesterday 4 said there were no problems 2 said there were

So much for Tracked Packet.

If it's not eBay then it's CP. Due to an unusual amount of orders taking as much as four weeks to arrive to my U.S. buyers, with one never making it all, I did what eBay always wants us to do and sent an order Tracked Packet U.S.A. This was on Oct.7....

• 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

One of my sources for FREE shipping supplies!!

Hi guys - I just have to share how I get some awesome, new, quality shipping supplies for FREE!!! Basically, I order (anything and everything) off of walmart.ca and the packers liberally use and send tons of shipping bubble envelopes, clean good boxe...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 1 helpful
Labels