Uggghh another change? Can't "hide" listings while on vacation anymore?

Hmmm I'm starting my "summertime ebay holiday" and changed my store over to the option on the vacation settings screen (on .COM) which now says it prevents buyers from buying the items. It doesn't say that it hides the items anymore.

Since I applied the on vacation mode, the item count hasn't changed at all, historically it slowly dropped over a few hours...

Hopefully it just takes longer to actually hide them now, I think hiding them is a lot better.....

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Uggghh another change? Can't "hide" listings while on vacation anymore?

i just checked and i am not seeing any items.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

i just checked and i am not seeing any items.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

also any of your items that people have in their watch list can still be accessed. At least that was the case for me last year when i went into hidden holiday mode.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Rats, I should have waited a bit longer, yep I don't see any on my own watch my own queries now either...

THX escly for checking!!!

Sorry everyone for creating a needless thread.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I think that someone did a test on that last year and they could still see the watched item but could not actually purchase it if the seller had hidden their items.  I think that the help info may say something different but as far as I know an item hidden cannot be purchased by anyone.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Please don't feel bad for posting. Your post and the helpful answers just helps me to decide if I want to go for a eBay store. I am frequently go on vacation and have been wondering about that.

One question, does eBay still charge the monthly fee if one goes on a month long vacation?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes one still pays the store fees and any extra fees regardless of vacation mode (hidden or not).

I list in two categories usually so each item costs an extra 5c (+tax now) per month and those charges all still persist as well during vacation mode.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply