Updates are happening to some item specifics and category structures

Update 9/21: Earlier this summer, impacted sellers were contacted directly via email and onsite messaging with details about required actions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’ve revised some categories and item specifics to help make your listings easier to find on eBay and by external search engines.

Starting today, you’ll see updates to the following categories:

Collectibles (Figurines)

Parts & Accessories (Motorcycle, Scooter, and UTV/ATV)

Home & Garden (Candles & Home Fragrance, Home Décor, Pillows, Furniture, Window Treatments & Hardware)

During this transition, your listing experience could be temporarily impacted, as well as the visibility of your listings. You may notice some item specifics changing names, listings moved to different categories, or some listings temporarily not appearing in searches. 

Any affected listings should return to normal within a week, though some effects to listings’ visibility in searches may continue for up to three weeks. 

Once these changes are complete, we recommend checking your listings in the above categories to see if any were affected.  Learn more about category changes →

We understand these updates will take extra time and may cause some frustration, but our goal is to help you increase your listings’ visibility and sales. 

Keep an eye on this page over the coming days—we’ll be sharing up-to-date information on affected categories and listings, and answering any questions you have. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

hello

I was never informed of the changes or contacted 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

so i will see very slow sales in the motorcycle parts section that is all I sell. Is Ebay going to credit me back my losses on a average or credit me back a month of Store Fees. you are playing with some ones livley hood. a repy is expected 

thankyou

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

The above notice was left on  09-21-2022 01:12 PM

To put it another way, you and all sellers were notified a month ago.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

You're killling me, month by month. I will have to reduce my advertising cap. How are we to compete with other online platforms for low value collectibles?!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I might keep sales to the US shut out of spite. 🙂

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I have noticed an uptick in customers saying my items are not as described because the item condition has been moved to the item specific location. Anyone else getting issues with this? I mostly sell used and it was great when the item condition was next to the pictures because it informed the customer right away of any issues. Now I am answering lots of messages that is basically me saying; this is in the listing.it was always there, you just did not read that. Not a pleasant discussion to have.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

BDNR

This is not a new issue, "Buyers Do Not Read"...

They only look at the pretty pictures and I blame Instagram and the likes for their short attention spans...

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

On a PC the item condition field is shown to the buyer under the title as it always did.   I have read comments that it is no longer showing or is as easy to see in the app but I can't confirm that.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

On the app it shows under the 

About this item

Condition

Time left

Qty

at least for my items

Message 10 of 10
latest reply