Using fellow eBayers pictures (scans)

HI      I was wondering can fellow sellers use my scans (pictures) for there use for selling there item that is the same item I am trying to sell

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Yes. Happened to me.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ebay retains the right to your images .

They get catalogued, its probably not that the seller is using your images.

Ebay is providing them when they list similar items etc.

Hence why copyrights and borders are not allowed  in images .

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Ebay retains the right to your images .

They get catalogued, its probably not that the seller is using your images.

Ebay is providing them when they list similar items etc.

Hence why copyrights and borders are not allowed  in images .

This is good information. I was going to have an original image made for me but knowing anyone and their dog will be able to use someone's copyrighted image or logo without repercussion, it will help me to decide now.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Are you talking about your avatar?

Because while many people use the pictures available from eBay, many of us do have avatars which are personally chosen.

While bookmarks are not allowed in Gallery pictures, you could add a personal item like a nameplate in every picture which would discourage others from using yours as theirs.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

this gentleman who was using my scans was also using my description as well , so I got a hold of him and ask him why he was using my scans & description , he said it saved him time , so I told him that I will be sending him a bill in the mail for using my scans & description ( joke ) , never got back to me but I see he change the pictures ( scans )

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Cockroaches do not like light being shone on them. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The most interesting copy of a picture I had is when I was looking on Google for a type of yarn. I then see a picture that I recognize on Etsy. I know it's my picture, unique because of a couple of complete labelled yarn and several wound ball around it.

My immediate reaction is that whoever purchase it from me is then selling it. I check my sales to see who purchase it, NO ONE did, it is still in my store!

I only sell on eBay, so I know it isn't me!

I have always wondered what the seller on Etsy would do if someone purchased it,

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

A few times when I've looked for an image for a commonly sold product, I've searched under Images on the Internet.  I long ago realized that a lot of the pictures I took over the years were included and could easily be re-used by other sellers who are not relying on images provided by eBay.

I remember selling a curling iron a couple of years ago.  I took 5 pictures and I have to admit they were pretty darn good.  I sold it and a few months later another person, not the one I sold it to, listed the same item and used all 5 of my images.  I thought ... wow, so easy for them.  I clicked on Images on the Internet, searched for that particular brand of curling iron and there were my images.  I thought, well I'm not going to raise a fuss.  I'm sure I've used other people's images, although those I've used are usually from big companies where every company like it uses the same images, I suppose from the manufacturer.  Even watermarks can be removed if you really want someone else's pictures.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply