Visit counter on summary page

Don't rely on the visit counter on your summary page.  For days the counter has been coming and going.  I currently have listings with 0 visits, but several "watchers".  I have cleared cookies many times, it made no difference.  Those with stores pay to know what's happening in their store, and make adjustments accordingly.  If a landlord suddenly turns the heat of, a rent reduction should be in order.  What do store holders get here, when what you pay for is turned of or not working?  As I only pay when something sells, I have no right to complain, for me it's just irritating.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

There have been a rash of complaints about the views counter lately, on the listings themselves and on the Active Listings and Unsold Listings pages.

I'm pretty sure that whatever numbers are showing have little relation to reality.

I only use the number of views to decide whether or not to renew a listing. Too many views means deletion since obviously no one wanted that Fixed Price item or they would have purchased it.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I do pay attention to the views.
I also believe they have to be taken with a grain of salt.

However, an auction item with 3 views (in my stamp world) is unlikely to sell. An auction item with 21 views is much more likely to sell.

(I also put similar items in various categories and watch the view counts. This helps me know where a given thing is likely to get the most views and is most likely to sell)
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Was nice when we could rely on views and watchers and for those numbers to be accurate. Then you could reduce a selling price at your discretion and have an opportunity for a tempt someone into a purchase. Worked the same way if you were considering putting in a bid on an auction...Make your judgement from the items interest or lack there of.

-CM

Message 4 of 4
latest reply