WOW sometimes the stories behind day to day problems are amazing!

Mailed a package to a repeat customer a couple weeks ago.

Comes back return to sender unable to deliver to this address.

What?? "!@#@!$@#$ USPS" I think, this has happened before for no apparent reason. However I take some pictures of it and send an eBay message to the buyer showing them it got returned and asking them to let me know if address is ok.

No response from the buyer. (I am worried that the bots didn't let the message through because I mentioned the word "address" in the message portion).

So I decide to call. No answer so I left a message saying what happened and please check the ebay message to make sure the address is still correct before I resend.

I get a call from the buyer. 

(This is what I gathered from the conversation, it may not be 100% accurate apparent why momentarily, reception was very bad)

Buyer is in the hospital awaiting surgery.

As well, the county? snowplowed off his mailbox for the 4th time so he complained and the PO assigned him a PO box.

So his address changed, I think during the time the package was en-route. 

Not sure why there was no forwarding, I guess because it was the county's fault (if it is like here, I'm sure the county says it is his fault) or the timing may have been just right.

Anyway I'm glad I called, what a story!!! 

Off it goes again to the updated address tomorrow.......

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

WOW sometimes the stories behind day to day problems are amazing!

Ric, I had one last week. USPS returned a pkg as return to sender, no such address. I photographed the envelope and sent a message asking the buyer to confirm her address, which was correct as sent. I re-shipped the pkg on Monday after checking address again on USPS site. I was surprised that the buyer offered to send money for postage again. I declined of course, after all it wasn’t her fault, it was fault of USPS mail person. Seems to be happening more frequently the last few years.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply