What gives? Ebay gives money back to buyer when I proved they received

I don't understand the seller protection. I shipped a lot of 10 items to a buyer. The buyer claims he only got 4 plus a few parts of the others. I provide tracking including a verified weight by UPS and a weight of each individual item showing there was no way the package could only contain 4 items unless I sent a pile of rocks with it as well. I suggest that the buyer returns what he has for refund.

In the end, ebay refunds the full amount plus shipping to the buyer and I am left with nothing. This seems like outright stealing to me.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: What gives? Ebay gives money back to buyer when I proved they received

His response to my invoice was "Go **** yourself". Glad the system works. Just upset as well because when that email came in, my daughter was sitting with me to see the whole thing. Very professional.

If it was 1/700 transactions, I'd be fine, but I am a low volume seller and have only made 20 sales in recent months, 3 of which I have been on the losing end of some scam by the wondrous buyers that ebay is so intent on protecting. I guess as long as ebay makes their commission, they don't care.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

That is not a good ratio. If I was on the 'losing" at a rate of 15%, I would be taking a hard look at what I am doing and finding ways to protect myself.

I am not saying you are making mistakes, no, sometimes these things happen. Your ratio of happening is high.
Photobucket
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Could be their demographic Inuk.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply