What is ePID?

This is an option on the items I have listed today, but I have no idea what it is.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What is ePID?

Hi triber, I found this on eBay on a help for sellers page:

What is a Product Identifier?

Most new, branded items have unique identifiers that help buyers recognize and find them, including the item’s brand, manufacturer part number (MPN), and global trade item number (GTIN). These GTINs can include an item’s Universal Product Code (UPC), European Article Number (EAN), or International Standard Book Number (ISBN).

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What is ePID?

ePID is short for Product Identifier Number. This is similar to the ASIN used by Amazon. It is one of the ways for eBay to identify products and can be used instead of other identifiers as the UPC.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

What is ePID?

Thanks so much vintagenorth. On craft books and patterns does that mean the book or pattern number?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

What is ePID?

Honestly, not sure. I got the ePID info from looking on Google. If I had to guess, I think it would be the ISBN or UPC number. Maybe someone else knows?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

What is ePID?

I think the UPC number is something different, because the ePID is in addition to it. It would be nice if eBay gave some information on it before just adding it, maybe they did and I just missed it.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

What is ePID?

Hi triber, I found this on eBay on a help for sellers page:

What is a Product Identifier?

Most new, branded items have unique identifiers that help buyers recognize and find them, including the item’s brand, manufacturer part number (MPN), and global trade item number (GTIN). These GTINs can include an item’s Universal Product Code (UPC), European Article Number (EAN), or International Standard Book Number (ISBN).

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

What is ePID?

Thanks so much for your help. I guess ePID has taken overy MPN where I put the numbers of the book or pattern, not actually a part number, that is what I have used it for.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply