What's going on with Shippo?

Anyone having issues with Shippo lately ? Did Ebay drop them in favor of their own in house shipping? First there were issues with tracking not updating on the ebay site.  As of yesterday I've noticed Shippo flat out does not even work with ebay. 

There was nothing wrong with shippo, they applied the Canada Post shipping levels discount and was able to print thermal labels.

I tried ebay's in house shipping but was unable to print to a thermal label. Can anyone confirm if the Canada Post shipping levels discounts are applied to ebay's new in house shipping?

Nothing like fixing something that wasnt broke,  not impressed with this inconvience  will have to resort to manually creating labels via Canada post until this is sorted out.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Just printed two cp labels minutes ago to thermal, no issues.  Using ebay.ca shippo linked account. 

What im seeing is shippo prices are about 20% lower than ebay label prices,  not sure why. 

Not going to switch to ebay labels if the cost is 20% higher.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I don't use a thermal printer so can't reply to that but I used Shippo and eBay labels earlier in the week without a problem.  Shippo will be less expensive IF you have a level 2 or CP small business discount.  If you are level 1, the price will be the same as Shippo or Snapship.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I don't know what's up with Shippo.  The majority of sellers like it, it seems,  but me ... not at all.  I haven't been able to use it for about a year now.  After many attempts to rectify the problems I was having in uploading my sales (my attempts ... not theirs so much), I gave up.  Their last recommendation was to have two Shippo accounts, one for each of my selling accounts.  When i told them I never had to do that before, they just sent an apology.  So I thought  -- to h--l with them.

I know this doesn't answer your question but I'm only mentioning this to alert you that they may not be able to fix your problem, if they even try.  It does take longer, yes, with Snap Ship, but I don't mind because I don't have to purchase a lot of labels ... a lot of my items are shipped by lettermail.  But I actually feel more secure dealing directly with Canada Post.  I still get my small business discount with them, which i believe is the same as using Shippo.  Anyway, a lot less frustration to be sure.

Sincerely, I do hope you get resolution ... but it may not happen. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

For any who may be interested,  the solution was to to disconnect and reinstall ebay to the shippo account. Shippo called back after leaving a voice mail to their elusive phone number (they are extremely difficult to get ahold of). They offered a technical explantion why it occurred. Something about a token which I did not really understand, but its fixed now that all I care about.

Also inquired about Canada post savings/discount levels being automatically applied to Shippo. To my surprise they are not! If you are using Shippo and want your Canada Post discount there is a seperate process for that which the Shippo rep walked me through. 

It involved going to the Canada Post developer page joining the developer program obtaining a username and password which is then applied to the shippo account, quite a process just to get your savings level. Just some FYI.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Wow!  I'm glad you got it resolved ... it shouldn't be that complicated.

I'll still stick with Snap Ship.  I ran out of patience with Shippo months ago.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

when I set up my Shippo account I entered my small business number and I get credit for the labels on that account.  I can see it on the CP site.  I'm  sure that I didn't jump through any of those hoops.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Don't you find it time consuming entering all the info into snap ship? Kinda regret posting my last message as the more I look at I do believe I was receiving the Canada Post discount. Think I received some misinformation from the Shippo rep.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

It takes longer than Shippo sure but, like I said, it's nice to complete a label without running into problems.  Everything runs smoothly; both myself and my buyer get an e-mail from Canada Post with the tracking number (which, if Shippo offered, I never received) and I can charge the label to any account I want.  Now, if I had to complete 6 or 8 a day, I would certainly notice the additional time required, but at least 70% of my shipments go by lettermail.  Just recalling all the problems I had each and every time I looked for my  transaction on Shippo (90% of the time it wasn't there) and dealing with their staff for 2 or 3 days to solve a problem with one transaction, still makes my blood boil.  No thanks!!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Cant imagine passing on a 20% discount. You have to add each ebay account to shippo seperately,   aswell as your personal cp accounts if any. It links to ebay, updates sales on shippo site. The token thing is for ebay , when shippo asks you to log into your ebay accounts during setup it does all that for you...api permisions.   When you link to ebay its using ebays shipping account, you get a **discount**.. you cant use the shippo ebay accounts for non-ebay sales.  Have to add other cp accounts.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for your comments.  My problem is not how to connect to Shippo but the fact that I was no longer able to.  I used Shippo successfully for a couple of years, or whenever they started up, and then about a year ago, everything stopped working.  I had one Shippo account which included both eBay accounts and then, all of a sudden,  it displayed a few sales from one account, and a few sales from the other, but never all the sales.  I never knew what sales I would see when I logged in.  That's when I began a months-long communication with them.  They deleted my existing account and I set up a new one, adding my eBay accounts separately ... still didn't work.  Back and forth, back and forth.  I deleted my account again and tried to set one up that would include all my sales.  Nothing they offered worked; nothing I did on my own worked.  They even admitted they were stumped.  I got a new computer (not for that reason, but because I needed one) and I thought maybe it will work now.  That's when I said ... enough!  Who needs that kind of aggravation.  I'm quite happy with Snap Ship; I still get a Canada Post discount and all is well. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

There was an issue about 2 years back , api permisions for ebay stopped working. The fix was to remove and re add your abay accounts in shippo.. fixed.  Was a few threads about it on ebay boards. I think that was ebay not shippo, because nothing else stopped working. It hasst happened since. Really its a great app, nothing wrong with it.. been using it since its inception without issue. The reason I like it is you can  add multiple web site api's, ebay, personal accounts.. all in one place..ide lost without it.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I'm happy you're happy ... Lol!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Im happy your ok with typing addresses in manulally.  snap ship lol

Message 14 of 14
latest reply