When i click on reply to a message, problem??

when i receive a message, and i click on reply to message, it brings up the form to reply to it, but the original message isn't showing anymore. So i have to back track, re read the message, then click on reply again, and go ahead and answer it..  Is anyone else seeing this??.  I tried it on 6 different messages, and the original  message doesn't carry down to the reply screen.. Why is ebay continuing to mess with things that aren't broken..

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: When i click on reply to a message, problem??

I've noticed that too..it's frustrating. When I am replying I often like to double check what the buyer had asked me but as you said..we can't see that unless we open another screen and go back to the original message.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Noticed this change the other day. Possibly a glitch or maybe just Ebay tinkering for the sake of tinkering? Yes. Extremely annoying.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

another minor thing, when we click into seller hub, when you hover over the sections, overview, listings, orders, etc. you have to click on one of them to bring up a new screen, before the drop down works.. i realize it isn't a super huge issue, but it is still another click, that wasn't required a week ago..,

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Noticed the same thing happening to me the last few days. Very annoying.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Hi @esclyons & @pjcdn2005  et al!

Is anyone around to grab a screenshot or two of this? I can't recreate this on my end (system limitation). Once I have those I will be able to better make our case that 'this is actually happening' - the first hurdle whenever reporting a tech issue. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Hello tyler@ebay 

This is what you now see when you attempt to respond to a message. The original message is now missing.  It's been like this for a little over a week.

Sending a Message.JPG

-Lotz

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Thanks @lotzofuniquegoodies! I've gotten this screenshot added to the report I was getting written and submitted it. Hoping to hear back on this quickly!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @esclyons@lotzofuniquegoodies@2nd-time-around-jewelry  & @pjcdn2005 

Are you still encountering this issue? Tech has come back to me and requested 'updated screenshots' of the entire eBay Message center when you encounter this. They are not able to recreate the issue and can't proceed with the tech report further unless we provide them such detail. I've tried from my accounts and am able to see the original message when I hit 'reply'. 

If it's not happening any longer I'll get it crossed off my list! Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Hello tyler@ebay 

Current example sent to your email.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Definitely still there, also when i click on my auctions, and there are questions to be answered, and i click on answer, there is no message for me to reply to..  i have checked back and some of my messages, show, the original question, but not all of them.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi 

Are you still encountering this issue? Tech has come back to me and requested 'updated screenshots' of the entire eBay Message center when you encounter this. They are not able to recreate the issue and can't proceed with the tech report further unless we provide them such detail. I've tried from my accounts and am able to see the original message when I hit 'reply'. 

If it's not happening any longer I'll get it crossed off my list! Thanks!

Ditto here, same issue with messages began about the same time as everyone else. 

Sent you a screenshot of my entire "reply" message screen via private message.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Hello Tyler,
Just had this problem 15 minutes ago
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

I've been seeing this intermittently for the last four or five days.  Very strange.  and quite confusing, as the potential customer receiving the message will be confused as well. 

Message 15 of 26
latest reply

Thanks everyone for your updates and the screenshots. I've gotten them added to the ticket as new examples and am awaiting more information!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Thanks for investigating Tyler. Appreciated. I guess from a buyer/sellers perspective, it's difficult to tell if these occurrences are glitches or something that has been implemented on the fly without an announcement.

-Lotz

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Hi folks - 

Thanks again for the info - the Tech team is considering this a technical issue and is working on correcting it. I haven't got an estimated time of resolution, but if anyone else runs into this please let me know by replying to this thread so I can get your account added to further demonstrate the impact this is having. 

Thanks!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Hi @esclyons@lotzofuniquegoodies@bassox333@block36 & @kawartha-ephemera  - 

Tech has done some work on the back end and wants to know if you're still encountering the issue. 

If you'll let me know I'll get them updated. Thanks! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Had one question about an hour ago and it went OK to send a reply

Hope it is fixed indeed.

Thanks for asking

Message 20 of 26
latest reply